Alcohol....

Ok, I am sure if the title caught your eye, then your probably the person to give an opinion. First time cruise in March 2009 on the Valor.

I have seen the avg. drink prices,($3.25/16oz bud Draft), posted or a link to connect. But what about deals...I have seen references to such things as souvenier cups, about $15 a drink to buckets of beer..... Also, have seen specialty vodka drink daily specials and martini daily specials...

I know CC members will be able to help me seperate myth and fact and also maybe throw some prices or tips my way too!

I am going on this cruise for Relaxation, Sun, and Drinking...I am pretty sure I know a little about 2 of 3, try and help me with the 3rd...

Thanks

Kris

Ok, I am sure if the title caught your eye, then your probably the person to give an opinion. First time cruise in March 2009 on the Valor.

I have seen the avg. drink prices,($3.25/16oz bud Draft), posted or a link to connect. But what about deals...I have seen references to such things as souvenier cups, about $15 a drink to buckets of beer..... Also, have seen specialty vodka drink daily specials and martini daily specials...

I know CC members will be able to help me seperate myth and fact and also maybe throw some prices or tips my way too!

I am going on this cruise for Relaxation, Sun, and Drinking...I am pretty sure I know a little about 2 of 3, try and help me with the 3rd...

Thanks

Kris

It was $4.75 plus 15% gratuity for a 160z Bud.

At the risk of being flamed, I'm going to say it...........smuggle.

If I'm remembering correctly, a bucket of beer contains 4 beers, around $16.

You can buy a drink in a souvenier cup and get it refilled for about $1 cheaper.

They have Bloody Mary and Screwdriver specials in the morning for about $3.25.

I don't remember the exact prices because I just get what I want, but I'm pretty close.

went to Alaska flew to Vancouver. Stashed 3 bottles of booze in baggage. Got through no problems In March went on Monarch of Seas and it was 7 pm before bags got to room. Had note that they had found the 2 bottles stashed.

At the risk of being flamed, I'm going to say it...........smuggle.

If I'm remembering correctly, a bucket of beer contains 4 beers, around $16.

You can buy a drink in a souvenier cup and get it refilled for about $1 cheaper.

They have Bloody Mary and Screwdriver specials in the morning for about $3.25.

I don't remember the exact prices because I just get what I want, but I'm pretty close.

Yea, I plan on trying to get some xtras on board with me. Not really concerned about the price of the drinks because its vacation, but more if I am going to buy a round, and bucket will help, then why not... thanks for the info..keep it coming...

Kris

Thanks

Kris

There are threads galore in here on this topic. If you sail out of San Juan you can openly bring on a bottle in your carry on. They even have a duty free right where you get on the ship. For other ports you can dare I say...smuggle in your luggage. There's a whole subject on Smugglers Punch on CC. Do some looking around, I know that there are some posts that have a current extensive price list for their drinks. You can also buy drink certificates that have the tip included so they save you 15%.

A 21" suitcase will hold two frig packs. Send it through with your locked luggage and should not have a problem. Pack some newspaper around to keep them from moving around. If they do find out what is inside you aren't out that much. My DH has done this on our last five cruises with no problems.

We did it before and we'll do it again! Smuggle that is! We ordered flasks from rumrunners.com (i think) and we wrapped a few bottles in bubble wrap. No problems at all. My cousin even bought a twelve pack of beer in St. Thomas and carried it on in her beach bag! THey never said a word!

I had Jim beam, Rum, Vodka and Kahlua in my room and my mates had way more than We did! My total sign and sail for my family of four was less than 600.00, after a few on board credits, my out of pocket was 265.00, not bad!

every time we r in san juan, we bring it back onboard, but not right in front of their eyes. in fact, last yr, i bought some booze at the duty free right by the ship, the guy put it in several bags so the ship guys wouldnt see thru it. most folks were steered to the booze table. heck, my backpack is always full of beer too..we use rum runners too for embarkation.

seems like a bucket of beer was $23 for 5 beers and tip.. i know a rum/coke is $5.75...why would dh order this?? geez i have a 1/5th of rum in our cabin!!:eek:

if u like to drink quite a few it can get expensive for sure. we buy and smuggle. haha

Archived