The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly Review of the Norwegian Dawn 6/15/08

eyesofbrown

Only get the early check-out if you have to catch a plane.

The problem is every color gets on line right away, no one wants to wait. Its great if you want to end your vacaction inching along a long line to squeeze out of the ship early, and keep an eagle eye out for those line cutters, and get PO'd at the people saving places for their 25 relatives who now need to cut in front of you, and you are trying to juggle your rolly bags, kids, coats, hats and temper through a long, inching line ...but why?

Sleep in, eat a sit down breakfast, take a seat on your balcony and chill if you aren't being met. Your car will be in the parking garage if you get there an hour later. Taxi service is available round the clock in NYC. The world will not end if you step foot on land calm and relaxed. AND extra perk- no waiting!!!! no line at customs, no line at cab stand, no waiting!!!

I need to make a correction. We were in a FORWARD starboard balcony cabin on the 10th deck. Sorry for the confusion. Oh, and it was near the elevator and we rarely, if ever, heard anyone getting on or off the elevator. The rooms are very quiet.

seasickness and amnesia? i'll have to check WebMD to see what that's called...heheheheheh.

*whispers*

jaegermeister. shhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Only get the early check-out if you have to catch a plane.

The problem is every color gets on line right away, no one wants to wait. Its great if you want to end your vacaction inching along a long line to squeeze out of the ship early, and keep an eagle eye out for those line cutters, and get PO'd at the people saving places for their 25 relatives who now need to cut in front of you, and you are trying to juggle your rolly bags, kids, coats, hats and temper through a long, inching line ...but why?

Sleep in, eat a sit down breakfast, take a seat on your balcony and chill if you aren't being met. Your car will be in the parking garage if you get there an hour later. Taxi service is available round the clock in NYC. The world will not end if you step foot on land calm and relaxed. AND extra perk- no waiting!!!! no line at customs, no line at cab stand, no waiting!!!

here's the biggest "in your face" move to those that were getting pissy in line. when Red was called my DW and i went up from Deck 4 to Deck 7. just merged into whatever line was formed. some really pissy ladies were saying how long they've been waiting and people were just cutting in front. (a legitimate complaint)...but here's what i liked about our disembarkment:

- EVERY person i saw whom i met on the cruise i would say goodbye to with a handshake, a hug, or a kiss.

- NCL staff with the STRIPES would come to us and hug us goodbye. i won't drop names.

- John the CD gave DW and i an aussie salute as we went past him to the gangway.

- a staff member's fiancee (also wearing stripes) saw us on the bottom of the gangway and hug us as well.

- and let's not forget my beloved CC people! musicgirl et al, eyesofbrown et al, and voyagerofthe et al.

wanna play the "i deserve to get off the ship first" game? sure...i'll play just as soon as i say goodbye to the people that matter.

It was the 10th, and I believe it was Oscar and Boris, we think. I am bad at names. But one was from Indonesia and one from Columbia. Both wonderful and very interesting to talk to. One day, I accidentally had a Do Not Disturb sign up. They asked if everything was ok. Very young guys and very nice. Their mommas raised them right. :p

It was the 10th, and I believe it was Oscar and Boris, we think. I am bad at names. But one was from Indonesia and one from Columbia. Both wonderful and very interesting to talk to. One day, I accidentally had a Do Not Disturb sign up. They asked if everything was ok. Very young guys and very nice. Their mommas raised them right. :p

Aww, it wasn't our guys, but they sound like nice guys.

As mentioned before, I am not usually sea sick and I was for this trip. Some <coughs and looks at Zone and musicgrl> might blame it on me discovering Jaegermeister on board. (Again, a big hurrah!) But Carnival had Jaeger so I can't blame it on this. It might have been the fact that we were in an aft balcony cabin and this might have more motion. My kids who had the cabin in the middle did not experience any seasickness at all.

Yes, we may have been eye witness to such an outlandish drinking behavior a few times!!!;)

I need to make a correction. We were in a FORWARD starboard balcony cabin on the 10th deck. Sorry for the confusion. Oh, and it was near the elevator and we rarely, if ever, heard anyone getting on or off the elevator. The rooms are very quiet.

I can't tell you how many times I went the wrong way on the ship. Even the last day, I ended up totally forward going back to my aft cabin!!

seasickness and amnesia? i'll have to check WebMD to see what that's called...heheheheheh.

*whispers*

jaegermeister. shhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

hmmm.....wasn't there a very large bottle of "cola" that she carried around???:eek:

here's the biggest "in your face" move to those that were getting pissy in line. when Red was called my DW and i went up from Deck 4 to Deck 7. just merged into whatever line was formed. some really pissy ladies were saying how long they've been waiting and people were just cutting in front. (a legitimate complaint)...but here's what i liked about our disembarkment:

- EVERY person i saw whom i met on the cruise i would say goodbye to with a handshake, a hug, or a kiss.

- NCL staff with the STRIPES would come to us and hug us goodbye. i won't drop names.

- John the CD gave DW and i an aussie salute as we went past him to the gangway.

- a staff member's fiancee (also wearing stripes) saw us on the bottom of the gangway and hug us as well.

- and let's not forget my beloved CC people! musicgirl et al, eyesofbrown et al, and voyagerofthe et al.

wanna play the "i deserve to get off the ship first" game? sure...i'll play just as soon as i say goodbye to the people that matter.

It's just like being in traffic, if everyone just lets one person in, there will be less stress.

hmmm.....wasn't there a very large bottle of "cola" that she carried around???:eek:

LOL Ironically, that came home with me, untouched. So much for me being sneaky. Besides, the "very large bottle" was 8 ozs. :p But a fun time was had by all. I missed the NCL U tastings but I heard they were fun.

Again, I would blame the seasickness on a hangover, but the seasickness happened the first day before the party really commenced and after taking off from Bermuda, when no alcohol was involved. The worst I had was the Friday night, and I know it wasn't that rough. I was somewhat nonplussed since I bragged about never getting seasick. Pride goeth before a fall. Luckily, I was prepared, not knowing how the kids were going to take the sea.

On a side note, Dramamine made me want to take a nap. It put me out for a few hours. Bonine is much more effective for me without making me sleepy. On another thread, I hear Ginger is very effective. I haven't had the opportunity to try that.

On a side note, Dramamine made me want to take a nap. It put me out for a few hours. Bonine is much more effective for me without making me sleepy. On another thread, I hear Ginger is very effective. I haven't had the opportunity to try that.

no...the proper method to avert seasickness is to ensure you have a steady flow of alcohol in your veins. THAT'S the key! how many times did i preach this!

LOL Ironically, that came home with me, untouched. So much for me being sneaky. Besides, the "very large bottle" was 8 ozs. :p But a fun time was had by all. I missed the NCL U tastings but I heard they were fun.

Again, I would blame the seasickness on a hangover, but the seasickness happened the first day before the party really commenced and after taking off from Bermuda, when no alcohol was involved. The worst I had was the Friday night, and I know it wasn't that rough. I was somewhat nonplussed since I bragged about never getting seasick. Pride goeth before a fall. Luckily, I was prepared, not knowing how the kids were going to take the sea.

If you get dramamine, you have to make sure to get the NON-drowsy formula. There is a huge difference. I also only take 1 at a time, one in the morning and 1 in the evening.

no...the proper method to avert seasickness is to ensure you have a steady flow of alcohol in your veins. THAT'S the key! how many times did i preach this!

Well, I never did hear you talk about being sea sick!!! Maybe I'll try it the next time!!

Archived