Aruba...Iguana Joe's or Carlos and Charlies...for lunch?

Which of these two would be best for lunch on Aruba? (Iguana Joes or Carlos and Charlies) We are not big drinkers or party people. We enjoy having a good time and good "junk food" or "mexican / texmex food". Would you recommend either of these for lunch or an early dinner?

Also, I know most everyone recommends El Gaucho for dinner but hubby isn't much on steaks or waiting (which I hear you have to do even with a reservation). Any other good restaurants within walking distance of ship for dinner? Has anyone tried Waterfront Crab house?

Any other recommendations? Thanks.

I posted on the Aruba board and someone answered with a great lunch restaurant. There are a ton of posts about restaurants for you to read. Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but here is the link to my question about a restaurant for lunch. It was answered by a local in Aruba.

http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=768097554&m=411101801

DeeKDRoseTransp.gifabducted.gif

Email: Deanna34769@wmconnect.com

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;11;14;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until our Martian Yatch Club Adventure

RCCL Adventure of the Seas 11/14/04

RCCL Voyager of the Seas 10/26/03

Carnival Pride 11/9/02

Premier Cruise Lines (5 sailings)

We were there for a week in 2002, nevertheless, and I tell you the Waterfront Crab House at that time was one of the best places I had been. The food was succulent and the service was excellent. Iguana Joe's did not have a party atmosphere and the food was pretty good with very healthy portions. Still can't get Aruba out of my mind. Can't wait to get back in October!

Til our Adventure of the Seas 10/03/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;10;03;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Triumph -- November 2003

Fantasy -- July 2001

Imagination -- Nov 2000

Fantasy -- Nov 1999

Why can't I see my post from the board? This thing is screwing up again.

[This message was edited by imosoreal on 04-07-04 at 02:33 PM.]

Hi! We went to Aruba on our honeymoon. We didn't eat at Carlos and Charlies or Iguana Joe's-but we did have dinner at El Gaucho. We did have a reservation, and did have a wait when we arrived. However while you are waiting they send you across the street to their cigar bar, I foget the name of the place. El Gaucho has the BEST steaks that I have every had!!! Defintely worth it!

Hi there! When we went to Aruba, we went to both Carlos and Charlies and Iguana Joe's. We had dinner and Iguana Joe's which was very good and would definately recomend. It is a very cute atmosphere and there are tables overlooking the outside of the restaurant. We went to carlos and Charlies for drinks one night. It is a good party place but very small. I didn't even know they serve food!

Archived