Toiletries in cabin

scotsgirl

I'm sure this will have been asked before but can anyone tell me what toiletries Celebrity provide in their cabins? Specifically interested in shampoo/conditioner and shower gel. Thanks for any help :)

I don't really recall the exact type of toiletries, but strongly advise you to always bring along your own shampoo and conditioner. Unless you are in a suite you will get a generic type of shampoo, sometimes the crap that is a combination of the two. As a former hairstylist I've no idea how they can combine two totally different products with different purposes, shampoo cleans the hair and scalp, conditioner moisturizes the ends.

However, we have used the shampoo as a shower gel and also for hand laundering my unmentionables.

I'll second that. Current hair stylist here, and trust me, the stuff they call shampoo on the ship is, well, I don't know WHAT it is. Bring your own. It makes an OK body wash though. I get a pack of 3 mini scrubby shower things at the dollar store. When I travel, I take one for the shower, then throw it away. 33 cents, big deal.

What about Carnival ships...anyone have some tips on the toiletries on their ships? I am definitely bringing my own shampoo/conditioner, but do you think I'll be ok with leaving the bodywash/soap at home? Or should I bring that too? THANKS!

I think Carnival uses Lever brand body wash and I found it to be pretty drying especially after a day in the sun. I grabbed a few travel sized bottles of Caress and Dove body wash and it worked out fine and didn't take up too much room at all. You can find some good deals at minimus dot biz :)

What about Carnival ships...anyone have some tips on the toiletries on their ships? I am definitely bringing my own shampoo/conditioner, but do you think I'll be ok with leaving the bodywash/soap at home? Or should I bring that too? THANKS!

I found the body wash to be ok. I was always putting on sunscreen anyway.

The sea air turns my thick coarse hair to straw, so next time I will be bringing a small container of a good conditioner to use.

I had no problem with either one!! But then I also bring good conditioner for my hair and body butter. If you do that you should be ok. If you color your hair and you have some of the conditioner left bring that along thats small enough not to take up much room in you suitcase.

Archived