AIRPORT SHUTTLE PIER 66 To SEA/TAC

Lubbock2006

We arrive back in Seattle aboard the Star on Saturday morning 9/6/08. Thinking only of ourselves I scheduled a 1:30 flight out of Sea/Tac. Now I am worried about our debark time and our flight time. Should I re-schedule our flight? Any suggestions on shuttles or cab? I have this fear of 2000 people wanting to get to the airport at the same time.:(

Thanks for any replies,,,,,RRH

We didn't have any trouble last year when we returned on the Pearl, and I think our return flight was around 2 PM. We ended up taking one of the Seattle city tours that were offered as an excursion by NCL and it worked out fine. We had about half an hour to spend at the Space Needle (tickets were included) and a very nice tour of the city before we were dropped off at the airport.

I did read one comment yesterday from someone who had done the same thing and said they wouldn't recommend it unless your flight was after 3, but we were at the airport in plenty of time to make our flight. I think they indicated the ship was late getting back. Unfortunately, these excursions aren't posted on the website, so I don't know what the recommendations are for flight times.

The Seattle pier is the most organized one that I've ever sailed in or out of. The Star should be the only ship at pier 66. There's a Princess ship and a HAL ship that are both in Seattle on Saturdays, but they use the other main cruise ship pier. I wouldn't schedule a flight before noon, but I would be comfortable with one at 1:30.

You won't have any trouble getting off the ship in time, but we almost missed our flight due to the backup at sea/tac. Just give yourself lots of time to get through customs. We only allowed 11/2 hours, try to give yourself 2 hours.

We have cruised out of Seattle twice........I agree that it is a VERY easy pier to navigate. If you are like my DH and like to do things with alot of time to spare, you may want to consider the self disembarkation. You will be able to get off the ship first IF you can carry all of your luggage without assistance. We did this back in Feb out of New Orleans and it worked great for us. There is also ample ground transportation lined up as you clear customs at the pier in Seattle.

Have a great cruise!

There are usually a lot of taxis to take you to the airport. Leaving at that hour should be fine. It is only a 20-25 minute ride to the airport. Your luggage will be waiting for you at the bottom of the stairs. Only about 50 yards to the taxis. There is always the shuttle by NCL. Just contact them directly and you can get shuttle passes. That is what we like to do.:)

We just returned to Pier 66 on the Pearl on 6/15. We printed our boarding passes on the ship a day ahead, did the self disembarkation, left our cabin at 7:50, rode to SeaTac on Shuttle Express, and used our airline's curbside check-in. Believe it or not we cleared the security line at 9:15 and then had 2 hours to kill before our flight. I'm not recommending early flights but it is possible to get through the processes more quickly if you head out early. From what we observed things back up at SeaTac as the morning goes on.

We arrive back in Seattle aboard the Star on Saturday morning 9/6/08. Thinking only of ourselves I scheduled a 1:30 flight out of Sea/Tac. Now I am worried about our debark time and our flight time. Should I re-schedule our flight? Any suggestions on shuttles or cab? I have this fear of 2000 people wanting to get to the airport at the same time.:(

Thanks for any replies,,,,,RRH

You should be fine. We self disembarked from the Star and were at the airport, checked in, through security and sitting and waiting for our 1:05 flight by 9:30 AM. I could have stuck with my morning flight, but would have been too nervous.

On our one Seattle arrival, NCL based your debark time on your flight time, thereby giving you plenty of time to get off of the boat, go thru customs (we just walked by, handing over our form, never broke stride), find your luggage, and hit the street. We took a cab to the airport, had plenty of time to kill before our flight...

Just changed our flight to 12:49. I am feeling confident here... Right now anyway.

Hope it works. Like getting back home earlier that night. Know we will be tired.

Thanks for the input. Keep your fingers crossed.

Archived