Dress Code on a 5 day

Avril

I'm sailing on the Victory's 5 day cruise to Canada at the end of August. :D I'm just trying to figure out what to pack so I can make my packing list. My question is, on a 5 day, how many formal nights, resort casual/semi formal (whatever you want to call it) and casual nights are there?

Thanks!! :D

I'm sailing on the Victory's 5 day cruise to Canada at the end of August. :D I'm just trying to figure out what to pack so I can make my packing list. My question is, on a 5 day, how many formal nights, resort casual/semi formal (whatever you want to call it) and casual nights are there?

Thanks!! :D

There's one formal night on five day cruises...

Will be on 5 day to W. Caribbean in August and there will be 1 Formal type night with the rest resort casual (slacks, shirt) Believe all 5 day cruises will have the same suggested attire. Dress type shorts(?) are probably allowed but I do not feel comfortable going to a nice restaurant in shorts.:eek:

Thanks!! :D So I guess I'l take 1 formal dress and 4/5 semi casual/casual outfits.

Also, how formal are the formal nights on a 5 day? Do people really dress up a lot (evening gowns, cocktail dresses and tuxs) or is it more like dress pants/skirts and a nice shirt?

Im wearing a nice dressy shirt and a skirt this time on the Victory. On casual nights, black capris or bermuda shorts and a shirt.

I have never seens tons of long gowns on any cruise I have been. You will see a variety of outfits I would think.

Here are is the new dress code from Carnival:

What to Wear?

Casual attire is the order of the day. We suggest shorts, sundresses, tank tops, etc. for the ladies, and for men; shorts, polo shirts, T-shirts, etc. will do. We suggest you wear rubber-soled, low heeled or flat shoes for extra traction while onboard. The use of any footwear with wheels, including but not limited, to Heelys© shoes, is prohibited on board our ships. For dining you may want to dress up a bit and/or bring along a light sports jacket or cardigan.

Most evenings we have a Cruise Casual dress code, but there are those Cruise Elegant evenings one or two nights throughout your “Fun Ship” voyage, where you will have the opportunity to showcase your more elegant attire. For those who want casual attire for dinner time, the Seaview Bistro on the Lido Deck is open nightly, and has a more relaxed theme. Both dress codes for the dining rooms are described below.

Cruise Casual Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long), collared sport shirts; Ladies - Casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses, summer dresses, Capri pants, dress shorts, jeans (no cut-offs). Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Casual dinner for ladies and gentlemen: gym shorts, basketball shorts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, cut-off jeans, and sleeveless shirts for men.

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too! Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.

Do people really dress up a lot (evening gowns, cocktail dresses and tuxs) or is it more like dress pants/skirts and a nice shirt?

Most of the men will have a shirt & tie, and you'll see an equal mix of sport coats, seperates, and regular suits. My sense was that it depended alot on what you already own at home. I have a decent suit that I wear to weddings and job interviews, so I brought that. And I felt more on the dressed up side than the average.

Kids/Teens were probably a step below that. I made my son (14) wear a collared shirt and a tie. My daughter (12) wore a casual sun dress. Neither looked out of place.

Over all, anything you'd feel comfortable wearing to church is fine. They do not enforce the dress code rigidly.

Most of the men will have a shirt & tie, and you'll see an equal mix of sport coats, seperates, and regular suits. My sense was that it depended alot on what you already own at home. I have a decent suit that I wear to weddings and job interviews, so I brought that. And I felt more on the dressed up side than the average.

Kids/Teens were probably a step below that. I made my son (14) wear a collared shirt and a tie. My daughter (12) wore a casual sun dress. Neither looked out of place.

Over all, anything you'd feel comfortable wearing to church is fine. They do not enforce the dress code rigidly.

You can't really use the 'church' example, here in California, folks where t-shirts, shorts, and flip-flops to church, not really appropriate for 'elegant night'.

You can't really use the 'church' example, here in California, folks where t-shirts, shorts, and flip-flops to church, not really appropriate for 'elegant night'.

Point taken.

The most important points I was trying to get accross were:

1) Do not feel like it's necessary to go out and buy any new clothes for Elegant Evening. You definitely already own something you can wear.

2) Do not feel obligated to pack any more than absolutely necessary. Less is better!

3) Do not force the males in your life to get any more dressed up than they feel like.

:)

Archived