To all Glory cruisers on sailings 10/09-11/09

Just spoke with my PVP, and there will be NO 7 Day sailings out of Pt. Canaveral during the time between when the Glory is sent to Miami and the Dream comes in 12/09. All Glory sailings will be leaving from Miami and sailing current/scheduled itineraries. Which is fine with me (except for the additional airfare, which I can live with I suppose).

Just FYI and thought I'd pass along the info.;)

OH NO!!! Dang!!!.... that was the time frame I needed to book our 40th anniversary cruise.

Now I'm not sure what to do....I don't really want to sail on another line and I'm not wild about driving to FLL or Miami either.

Oh well, I'll figure something out by then....thanks for the info

Dianne

Do you think that they will offer an incentive now that those dates will sail from Miami instead of PC? I am booked on one of those sailings and it will be an additional cost to go to Miami rather than PC......

OH NO!!! Dang!!!.... that was the time frame I needed to book our 40th anniversary cruise.

Now I'm not sure what to do....I don't really want to sail on another line and I'm not wild about driving to FLL or Miami either.

Dianne

Think about taking the Legend out of Tampa, the route is just about the same as the Glory. Leaves every Sunday.

Western Caribbean: Tampa, FL ; Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands ; Cozumel, Mexico ; Belize ; Roatan Island, Honduras ; Tampa, FL

Dianne

Being in Georgia, you could sail from Tampa, or Jaxport with ease. May be closer to Jaxport.

That is normally the time we sail on Glory also because of our anniversary, which we try to cruise during that time each year. We are considering changing to the 8 day in December and go to Panama, and Jamacia.

Want to try new and different ports of call.

We will book Dream for 2010. We are even considering changing our port for our short cruise next year to Tampa or Miami.

We live in Kissimmee, and prefer PC, but will go to one of the others if it means going to new ports. I mean you can only take so much of Nassau. LOL.....

If we do Miami, we are considering Amtrak down and back. that is an idea for you also if you are considering flying into Orlando. for the 3 of us, RT is 189. I can not drive it for that now. If gas comes down, I may go ahead and drive.

Worth considering. Just thought to ponder.

Do you think that they will offer an incentive now that those dates will sail from Miami instead of PC? I am booked on one of those sailings and it will be an additional cost to go to Miami rather than PC......

I didn't get that impression. Since it's so far out, I think THEY'RE thought is that people still have the reasonable ability to make alternate arrangements, switch bookings, etc. Let me know if you hear otherwise, though, I'd appreciate it.

All Glory sailings will be leaving from Miami and sailing current/scheduled itineraries. Which is fine with me (except for the additional airfare, which I can live with I suppose).

MPH:

Seems there's a new 'twist' to the plans. . . the Carnival Glory departures from Miami (according to the updated CCL web site a short while ago) are on Sundays. There are some itinerary changes as well.

But it gets even more interesting. . . seems that the cabins that were already booked for those weeks have been re-opened in the inventory. At least the ones I had are now listed as available.

Dianne

How about going out of Tampa? The Legend is an awesome ship! I guess a couple of other people already suggested this.

MPH:

Seems there's a new 'twist' to the plans. . . the Carnival Glory departures from Miami (according to the updated CCL web site a short while ago) are on Sundays. There are some itinerary changes as well.

But it gets even more interesting. . . seems that the cabins that were already booked for those weeks have been re-opened in the inventory. At least the ones I had are now listed as available.

Thanks, Don. I went to Carnival.com and can't even find our sailing to be able to check to see if our cabin is showing as booked or not. Is there somewhere else specific you're looking?

Thanks, Don. I went to Carnival.com and can't even find our sailing to be able to check to see if our cabin is showing as booked or not. Is there somewhere else specific you're looking?

Here is the link

http://www.carnival.com/Itinerary.aspx?embkCode=MIA&itinCode=WCX&durDays=7&shipCode=GL&subRegionCode=CW&rateCode=BCA&sailingID=48289&sailDate=11/29/2009

Thanks for the heads up on the itinerary change, although after calling Carnival, my cabins are secured.

Anyone know how much of a PITA it is to drive from Palm Beach Airport into Miami? The airfare going into PBI but leaving from FLL is over $100 pp (x4 for us) difference and I'm hoping it isn't that big of a deal.

Any thoughts?

Never been to the PB airport, but have driven from West Palm to Miami on numerous occasions. Not a real problem, but then I know not to travel during rush hour. With you arriving on a Sat or Sun, it shouldn't be an issue at all. Everything is well marked.

Um, yeah, the 40 people who are coming with me AND my cabins are all showing available. NICE. My PVP is in for an EARFUL tomorrow. I specifically ASKED him what was changing, and he said only the departure port. :mad: Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Thanks again for the heads up, Don.

Thanks guys. I'm on hold right now w/Carnival again. I went to that link and sure enough, my cabin is supposedly available! :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear that, though not too surprised, since I saw it with mine as well.

Don't be too shocked if you also find that CCL has changed all your passenger names to Benjamin (Ben) Dover. :eek:

I'll probably get poofed for that one.

Sorry to hear that, though not too surprised, since I saw it with mine as well.

Don't be too shocked if you also find that CCL has changed all your passenger names to Benjamin (Ben) Dover. :eek:

I'll probably get poofed for that one.

NO DOUBT. Think maybe a couple of drinks on the house MIGHT be in order? JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ. :rolleyes:

:confused: We are supposed to be going Nov 21 (thanksgiving week). I can't just change to another time because DH is a teacher. PVP said they would lock in our rate but I doubt they are going to give us that rate in the summer or over Christmas! This was supposed to be our first balcony. :(

Yes, actually, they did. I'll be happy to share once I get everything in writing, which I'm expecting some time today. I reminded them that I'm the head of a group of 37 people and am handing them $26K on a platter and their crappy Customer Service was a source of major headaches and added expense to all in our group. Unfortunately, they didn't offer a whole lot to the other people travelling with me, but it's more than they started with and I tried. It's been my experience that they generally don't extend much to anyone other than the person they're directly dealing with.

Archived