Share wedding websites

Here is my wedding website www.mywedding.com/megananddougswedding I sent out a save the date from that website a while ago and I will send my real save the dates out soon and then I might do a brouchure with important info on it to send out in a few months which will serve as another reminder for people to book, and finally I will send out the actual invites (yes my guests really do need that much reminding hehe!)

http://www.mywedding.com/johnandmonica

I made up cards that said we're engaged and getting married on a cruise, see this website for more info and we sent those out... gosh, back in Sept '07 (we got engaged in July). now it's down to only about 10 people actually going on the cruise with us, and I don't think any of them really look at the dang website anymore after the first time (cause they are always asking me questions and I'm like - it's on the website!!), but I enjoy keeping it updated anyway.

• 1 month later...

We aren't getting married until Sept. of 2009, but we invited over 100 people and really would like to see as many of them there as possible, so we have already completed our website, with most of the information.

We also sent out the save the date cards. I created a 'Save the date Passport' and also placed a save the date magnet in the passport. I sent it last week and so far we have gotten a good response.

Our website is:

www.buckeyesinparadise.com

I designed and created it myself so that we could place a tracker on it so that we gage response from our emails and announcements. We can also see from what city people are logging on from which really helps us to see who is actually interested in coming. I highley recommend it.

:)

Good Luck!

Wow tink your site looks great, the tracking by city is really interesting! Is it free?

THANK YOU!

Yes and No. If you have access to the server and have the ability to place the HTML tracking code onto the site then yes it is free.

However if you get a free site through some of those wedding website sites, you may not have the ability to use it.

We bought the domain and url through godaddy.com and then built the site ourselves so we had access to the html code.

The tracking system is through google/anayltics (www.google.com/anayltics). They give you a tracking code and you then place it onto your server. Its an awesome tool.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.mywedding.com/rickandsuzanne

Mine is slightly different since I didn't publish it until now (about 60 days before the wedding). It is just my fiance and I on the ship, so not as much of a need to put too much infromation out there before hand. (We are having a celebration party when we come back, for those I did do save the dates). Most of what is there is things I have already told people either in sharing my plans or relatives/friends asking specific questions.

We put a business card (saying any questions about our cruise or party - see our website) in with the invitations to the party. The main reason it started was to make it easy to give people registry information without stating it out right in our invation envelopes.

I need to thank everyone who had a mywedding.com site that posted here. I knew I wanted to do one, but was procrastinating because I didn't want to pay - but wanted a site that would let me do a lot. Mywedding.com fit that bill. I would definetly recommend using it if you are even just contemplating doing a website.

Sorry so wordy. Anyone has any questions or comments - don't hesiate to contact me. (Especially if its a problem on the site, the invitations are goin out tomorrow - so not exactly live and tested yet).

Thanks and Take care

Suzanne

Hi all! I've been mostly using my wedding website to update my family on whats been going on and what to expect. Since I moved from the suburbs on NYC to the Jersey shore and left my family behind its a nice way to keep people in the know about the wedding and other stuff thats been happening. Here it is: http://www.robandgina.superweds.com

Archived