jeans on casual nights????

While I don't find jeans unacceptable, on a carribean cruise, they're just not "tropical"! Too heavy, too hot! Capris, or light cotton pants are much more in keeping with a warm destination vacation, for me!

There are light weight jeans.

North, South, East or West a hucklebuck is a someone that is back woodsy and probably has 8 dogs under their double wide. Thinks dressed up is bib overalls and a flannel shirt with a baseball cap on, backwards.

LOL!!! A couple of months ago, there was a similar post, and one of those who answered made reference to someone going out to mow the "back 40".

Sort of like a comment I heard about flying these days--bus riders in the sky!

And that is what you think of jean wearers on a cruise:confused:

On formal night yes, formal is not jeans designer or not. They said they were going to wear jeans on formal night unless I was half asleep and misread it. Wearing jeans on formal night is the Beverly Hillbillies.

On formal night yes, formal is not jeans designer or not. They said they were going to wear jeans on formal night unless I was half asleep and misread it. Wearing jeans on formal night is the Beverly Hillbillies.

The OPs question and the thread title was about jeans on casual nights.

You rant seems a bit off topic to me.:)

I was posting to Coopster1974 (Think I copied that right) who said they were going to wear jeans on formal night. Look back and you will see what I was refering to, not the OP. I assume you can answer others and not just the topic OP. I mean I have seen others go off topic.

Here I copied it for you..........9Quote:

Originally Posted by coopster1974

Chances are I'll be wearing jeans or linen trousers on the formal nights so on casual nights, go for it!)

Jeans on formal night? Going on a hucklebuck cruise?

I was not ranting I was actually amazed that someone would think jeans would be formal. Made me wonder just what kind of hucklebuck cruise they were going on that they would wear jeans on formal night. It brought back memories of watching the Beverly Hillbillies.

I was posting to Coopster1974 (Think I copied that right) who said they were going to wear jeans on formal night. Look back and you will see what I was refering to, not the OP. I assume you can answer others and not just the topic OP. I mean I have seen others go off topic.

Chances are I'll be wearing jeans or linen trousers on the formal nights so on casual nights, go for it!)

I was not ranting I was actually amazed that someone would think jeans would be formal. Made me wonder just what kind of hucklebuck cruise they were going on that they would wear jeans on formal night. It brought back memories of watching the Beverly Hillbillies.

I don't recall the Beverly Hillbillies ever doing a show on cruising.

And I Googled "hucklebuck cruise" and found there is no such thing.

Sorry.

Someone else on this thread said they were planning on wearing jeans on formal night. I think that is what they were referring to.

OK.

But calling them some sort of hillbilly is a bit much, don't you think?

I think googling "hucklebuck cruise" is a bit much myself and I still think jeans on formal night is a bit not good enough, hillbilly is about right. Google formal and see how many jeans are mentioned as a suggestion for formal. Larry the cable guy might agree with you.

She has a serious impairment in following a thread and being able to keep straight who said what.

I think googling "hucklebuck cruise" is a bit much myself and I still think jeans on formal night is a bit not good enough, hillbilly is about right. Google formal and see how many jeans are mentioned as a suggestion for formal. Larry the cable guy might agree with you.

You miss the point.

I don't even own a pair of jeans.

Calling folks a hillbilly who wear jeans is sort of classless to me.

Just say you don't agree with out the "hucklebuck" comments.

Sometimes it not what you say but how you say it.

But as this is an open forum so post what you want.

You miss the point.

That is the thing about these people. The ones who make the biggest stink about jeans are the ones who usually wouldn't know fashion or class if it bit them in the a$$. Just their reaction to jeans show how classless they truly are.

You miss the point.

You said I was not following the thread but you aren't either by nattering with me and then you say it is an open forum and I can post what I want to.... I am impaired? I did not say people who wear jeans are hillbillys I said if they wear jeans as formal wear they are hillbillys. You are too funny and I have enjoyed the much needed laughs.

You said I was not following the thread but you aren't either by nattering with me and then you say it is an open forum and I can post what I want to.... I am impaired? I did not say people who wear jeans are hillbillys I said if they wear jeans as formal wear they are hillbillys. You are too funny and I have enjoyed the much needed laughs.

Can't argue with logic like that:D

I was not ranting I was actually amazed that someone would think jeans would be formal.

The poster never stated that he thought that jeans were formal wear. You must have jumped to that conclusion. He just said...

Chances are I'll be wearing jeans or linen trousers on the formal nights so on casual nights, go for it!

That's when you jumped in and made your demeaning remark....

Ever considered that the poster just wanted to wear jeans? I see people in short sleeve shirts, Dockers and sneakers on formal night. No different than jeans IMO, but I just figured that was what they wanted to wear. To each his own.

The poster never stated that he thought that jeans were formal wear. You must have jumped to that conclusion. He just said...

That's when you jumped in and made your demeaning remark....

Ever considered that the poster just wanted to wear jeans? I see people in short sleeve shirts, Dockers and sneakers on formal night. No different than jeans IMO, but I just figured that was what they wanted to wear. To each his own.

Well said!

I still cant get past hucklebuck........has anyone besides Lucky ever heard of that term??

Hate to tell what I saw when I looked it up.:eek: :eek: :eek:

LMAO!!!!!!! Kathy, you peaked my interest and I Googled the word. :D Bet Lucky hasn't seen that definition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

LMAO!!!!!!! Kathy, you peaked my interest and I Googled the word. :D Bet Lucky hasn't seen that definition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

haha....and that was the FIRST definition for that word.............no need to worry about jeans..:p

Archived