Oceania - The good, the bad, and the ugly

pappy3393

Meow,

Any of us who have done that trip could do a far better job than those who were employed to do it.

I found that Oceania in some areas was terrific and in others not up to par and in particular with regards to tours, information on ports, handouts, maps etc. they were woeful. I certainly wasn't the only one who felt this way, all of our C.C. group were in accordance as well as other friends on the ship.

Jennie

We just returned from teh 6/17 sailing on Insigna (Venice to Barcelona). Just a couple of comments about dining and wine service. We found the service overall in both Polo and Toscana to be exceptional, we went to Polo twice and Toscana 3 times. Overall we thought the food was very good, although service spotty in the grand dining room. We like our wine and enjoyed a bottle each evening (or two if we dined with another couple). Anyway, once we place our wine order, we prefer to have the wine opened and tasted before the food arrives. The first evening, we ordered the wine and the waiter took our food order. The food started to arrive but no wine. I asked the waiter about it and he told me he served food, not wine. Not the best response in the world, we remied that for the balance of the cruise by not ordering our dinner until after the wine arrived and tried to stay away from the GDR if at all possible. We did try to go to Tapas, but found that those who went early lingered at those outside tables for the entire evening so we never did get to eat there. Overall, great itinerary, wonderful trip.

Archived