Alcohol on Gem

4bellablue

You are overpaying for 1 liter of Absolut. More like $20 a bottle here. However, we always buy all of our liquor when we come home from the carribean and actually pay more like $10-11 a bottle for Absolut ($13 or $14 for Vanilla or a flavor)

The liquor they sell for duty free in the shops on the ship are way cheaper

then the stuff we get at home......But I got to tell ya you seem very eager to get some stuff onboard and dont care about the "room" so go for it and let all of us know how it went when you return, cause its not that big of a deal so u say.......either way enjoy your cruise:)

I will let everyone know how it goes. :cool: I just don't get why everyone is so uptight about it. It's a silly rule, meant to try to be broken and not really a big deal to just play "dumb" if you get caught. If it isn't illegal or dangerous to others, no harm done.

Well, I agree that it's a silly rule, but I disagree that it's made to be broken. The cruise lines wouldn't have so-called naughty rooms set up or have detailed screening of luggage or confiscate alcohol if the rule was made to be broken.

If you want to try, go for it. I do not ever get into any debate over whether it's right or wrong. That's a personal decision. We don't care to have to fuss with it, so we don't do it.

beachchick

The cruise lines wouldn't have so-called naughty rooms set up or have detailed screening of luggage or confiscate alcohol if the rule was made to be broken.

I always thought the detailed screening of luggage was for security purposes.. you know, guns, weapons, bombs.. I guess checking for booze is more the reality.

At home I prefer my wine from a bottle, but wanted to not have the hassle of breakage, thus the box of wine....

I had it in my carry on which was put through the x-ray machine. Again, they didn't ask or hesitate and I didn't tell. I had read on CC that the machine does not 'detect' the box. I can't believe that, but I am also not going to argue that point either. I also didn't see anyone get stopped. But I think that when or if you asked for them to open your bottle, that was when you would be charged the corkage fee.

Archived