bahia mar fll

mikeauto1

We have stayed at the Bahia Mar a couple of times. If you opt for the Marina Bldg. which is the oldest part of the hote and usually the least expensive rooms be sure to ask for the Marina View and not the Garden View (which overlooks the parking lot). We were in this bldg and enjoyed it and plan on staying there again in Oct. The hotel is in a great location and the water taxi is only about a block away and the sun trolley stops in front of hotel. Beach is right across from hotel with walkway to the beach. Small deli located in front of parking lot and a small restaurant in hotel. Close enough to walk to several other restaurants, etc. Hotel has a very large and nice pool also. As far as the transportation to MIA it seems like most people prefer the GO shuttle from FLL. Cost was $18.00 pp but this might not be the current price.

We stayed there in October. I was a little nervous after I won it on Priceline because I had read mixed reviews and that it was old. Our room was very clean and I am a kind of a germ-a-phobe. The shower was a little bit old looking but other than that the room was fine. The elevator was extremely slow, it felt the same as waiting for the elevator once the muster drill is over. Location in my opinion wasn't the best as far as restaurants and stores but that is because we were trying to avoid taxi's. We walked to dinner the first night but it took way too long with our 4year old.

The hotel is currently closed, as it is undergoing major renovations. It should be very nice when completed.

I dont believe this information is correct. They are still taking reservations for next week. The Sheraton Yankee Trader has closed but I dont think the Bahia Mar has.

The hotel is currently closed, as it is undergoing major renovations. It should be very nice when completed.

How bizarre...I just finished having lunch at the Bahi Mar about half an hour ago and the hotel was swarming with guests. Perhaps you should come down to Ft Lauderdale someday and see for yourself. :rolleyes:

Has anyone stayed at the Yankee Clipper,on the beach. We have res. for November and have heard good and bad.

Thanks

We have stayed at the Yankee Clipper. Most recently was last September and we had a ocean view room in the main building. Prior to that we stayed in the annex building across the street. The room in the annex building was nicer and we enjoyed the view overlooking the marina. The main building room was o.k. but nothing special. I wouldnt hesitate to stay at the hotel again. Great location. Across street from Water Taxi stop and the Sun Trolley stops in front of hotel. We didnt eat at the hotel but if you dont mind walking there are several restaurants walking distance. Also you can take the Sun Trolley to numerous restaurants.

We have stayed at the Yankee Clipper. Most recently was last September and we had a ocean view room in the main building. Prior to that we stayed in the annex building across the street. The room in the annex building was nicer and we enjoyed the view overlooking the marina. The main building room was o.k. but nothing special. I wouldnt hesitate to stay at the hotel again. Great location. Across street from Water Taxi stop and the Sun Trolley stops in front of hotel. We didnt eat at the hotel but if you dont mind walking there are several restaurants walking distance. Also you can take the Sun Trolley to numerous restaurants.

Thanks so much aarep---I am looking forward to our stay there.:)

I dont believe this information is correct. They are still taking reservations for next week. The Sheraton Yankee Trader has closed but I dont think the Bahia Mar has.

Sorry, You are correct. I passed by there yesterday, and got the 2 hotels mixed up.

Archived