Cabin Numbers on Ventura

steelerannie

We booked April 2007 for our November 2008 cruise, (we actually booked the 1st day Ventura cruises were sold)!! We are booked into cabin P318, which is directly under The Exchange. Is this going to be a noisy cabin, or will it be ok?

Any thoughts please?

Many thanks

Ann

I am sure that you will not hear any noise. The only time we have heard noise is if you are under the swimming pool areas they tend to drag the chairs around in the early hours when they are cleaning etc.

We have even been over the theatre and never heard a thing.

We booked April 2007 for our November 2008 cruise, (we actually booked the 1st day Ventura cruises were sold)!! We are booked into cabin P318, which is directly under The Exchange. Is this going to be a noisy cabin, or will it be ok?

Any thoughts please?

Many thanks

Ann

One of the things that surprised me most on the Ventura was the sound proofing. We could walk through a noisy area, like Tamarind Club with live music, and as soon as we were out of that area, we could no longer hear the music.

Also, we walked along our corridor at 4am on the last morning in total silence, and as we walked through the doors into the Laguna Pool, there was loud music playing outside. We could not hear it at all in the corridor. Amazing.

The ship appears to be well soundproofed. We were on Lido Deck with a walk way above and we could hear nothing inside the cabin. We sometimes heard people/kids running along there if we were on our balcony.

Gail

• 2 weeks later...

The Ventura is the first ship we've been on where we haven't heard any sounds from next door neighbours. I thought the cabins on each side must have been empty until I heard the occupants out on the balcony.

One of the good things about Ventura!

The Ventura is the first ship we've been on where we haven't heard any sounds from next door neighbours. I thought the cabins on each side must have been empty until I heard the occupants out on the balcony.

One of the good things about Ventura!

I'm pleased to hear that you found Ventura's cabins well sound proofed but surprised that you have found this not to usually be the case. We have never had problems with sound disturbance from neighbouring cabins on our other cruises, have we just been lucky?

• 2 weeks later...

A quick question my wife and I have booked a cruise in November on the Ventura, our cabin was inside on P deck. Today our T.A. phoned to say because of complaints about noise vibration we have been offered a free upgrade.Our new cabin which is still an inside one is OFC 221. Looking at the P/O website our new cabin is nearly twice the price, can anybody explain the difference in price between the two inside cabins.

hi stopgo i think the reason for the extra cost is that the cabin may be a family cabin and is larger than the normal inside cabins.hence the extra cost.

we were on her for the maiden voyage and also stayed on p deck,but we didnt experience any noise vibration. hope this helps ..humpy.happy sailing

A quick question my wife and I have booked a cruise in November on the Ventura, our cabin was inside on P deck. Today our T.A. phoned to say because of complaints about noise vibration we have been offered a free upgrade.Our new cabin which is still an inside one is OFC 221. Looking at the P/O website our new cabin is nearly twice the price, can anybody explain the difference in price between the two inside cabins.

Hiya - as a matter of interest what cabin number should you have been on P deck??

Thanks

Ann

We are also going on 8th November but flying from Birmingham - see you onboard. Seems strange you've been moved, we are only 2 cabins away from you, but our TA has rung P&O and they've said there is no vibration in our cabin. If we want to pay to upgrade we can!!

Ann

We are with 1st for cruising, and are waiting for written confirmation there may be more details in the post.I think my wife as been in touch with you on the P./O. site. Hope to see you on the cruise.

• 3 weeks later...
It was cabin P330 we are on the 8th November cruise flying from Leeds.

Nice to see some others on our cruise we are on the same cruise but flying the 7th from Manchester :) so looking forward to it. As a separate issue any one heard any problems with JA cabins? hear there is a bit of an overhang which could block some of the views?

Finally had a reply from P&O saying there have been no reports of noise in cabin P318. If we want to pay we can upgrade but if not we have to stay where we are.

We are not going to pay to upgrade, we are going to wait and see IF there is any noise in our cabin. If there is - we will be straight to reception!!!

Ann

Archived