Norwegian Dawn, AC vs. AB--What's the Difference?

JohnEZ

I loved the AC on the Star (we were in 9500), and you can see photos by clicking on the photos link in my signature.

It is really different than the AB. There's one big room, with no separation between the "bedroom" area and the dining/living room area, although there is a heavy drape that can be pulled around the bed. The greatest thing, for us anyway, was the monstrous balcony (DECK, actually). I cannot imagine a better cabin for an Alaskan cruise. You will feel like you're on top of the world.

The AC, AD and AE cabins are all identical except for location and size of balconies.

Like Cruise More Often stated above, the balconies of the AC is Mega-Large...But if you really want to book the AC get the middle of the 10th floor like we did on the Gem, cabin 10000 and 10500 have floor to ceiling Bay windows that you can sit from the couch and watch if it is too windy to go outside....Great suite for an Alaskan Cruise with plenty of room inside....:D

Like Cruise More Often stated above, the balconies of the AC is Mega-Large...But if you really want to book the AC get the middle of the 10th floor like we did on the Gem, cabin 10000 and 10500 have floor to ceiling Bay windows that you can sit from the couch and watch if it is too windy to go outside....Great suite for an Alaskan Cruise with plenty of room inside....:D
People do seem to love those ACs on Deck 10! Also, I was incorrect when I said all AC, AD and AE cabins are identical. I have heard (haven't seen this myself) that the AC cabins on Deck 10 are larger than those on Deck 9. The balconies on Deck 9 are much larger than on Deck 10. Do you want to party inside or outside? :D

People do seem to love those ACs on Deck 10! Also, I was incorrect when I said all AC, AD and AE cabins are identical. I have heard (haven't seen this myself) that the AC cabins on Deck 10 are larger than those on Deck 9. The balconies on Deck 9 are much larger than on Deck 10. Do you want to party inside or outside? :D

The 2 middle AC's are definitely larger due to the bump-out under the bridge. I have pictures of 2 of the deck 10 AC's (10500 & 10002) in my web shots link below.

PE

I heard the rooms on the 10th floor were larger thats why I booked room 10000

Cant go wrong with that...Had 10000 on the Gem, nice big room....

Look at Planer Edges Pics, They had the room next to 10000 and I

thought those pics looked just like the room I had but they were on

the Jewel, so check it out:D :D

We are booked in a Dawn AC to Bermuda in 10 days!! These pictures are really great!

I have a question for those who have stayed in the large balcony suites. We booked this cabin because we are traveling with our 5 (18 yrs.-25 yrs.) kids and one girlfriend. We wanted a place where all of us could gather for a pre-dinner glass of wine. I know that the balcony won't be very usable while sailing but we're going to try. My question is: will they bring us a couple of extra chairs for the balcony so that more of us can sit out there? Alternatively, I think I'm bringing 4 beach chairs in bags - can I put them out there? (I would not leave them out as I'm afraid they would blow away). It would be great to be able to sit out on the balcony with everyone in Bermuda.

• 1 month later...
I assume you are saying that Jeffrey is bull honkey and not me. LOL. We believed everything Jeffrey told us. No fruit and snacks the first day. Pay extra for appetizers even from the free resturants, pay extra for breakfast that was not on the room service menu. We never got our cookies either. We still had a wonderful time but I wish I knew then what I know now. Not sure why Jeffrey wasn't trained but I wished I had Ravi.

WHAT....???!!!:confused:

I have been on the Dawn three times, ALL of them were in an AB and we were NEVER charged for appetizers, Breakfast things that were not on the menu (like eggs benedict, waffles, etc...), fruit, DVD's, setting up and clearing away parties, and other stuff.

We were charged for extra soda's though.

I am QUITE SURPRISED.....!!!

I have never heard of such a thing happening in a "Penthouse" on NCL.....

VERY ODD........

Im kind of curious why no one has said anything about the AC? I was hoping to find out what the pros and cons of each room are?

I was starting to think the big difference was that people sail in an AB but no one sails in an AC! ;)

I was starting to think the big difference was that people sail in an AB but no one sails in an AC! ;)

We will give it a try in 2 days as we're in an AC this weekend.

After booking a BB we didn't hang around and grabbed the upgrade to our first suite at a very sweet price that I still don't believe.

We will give it a try in 2 days as we're in an AC this weekend.

After booking a BB we didn't hang around and grabbed the upgrade to our first suite at a very sweet price that I still don't believe.

Can you tell us what the price was?? We're in a BA on our 2-21-09 cruise on the Star. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a call from the upsell fairy. Right now the suites are pretty open. I would love to give an AE a try before our PC cruise in 2010. We splurged for an aft corner AE, with the wrap-a-round balcony on the Star.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I was wondering if anyone prefers the side or forward view. This is our first time with an AC or AB and I'm having trouble choosing. I've never had a forward and worry about the wind factor. Is it overwhelming?

Also having trouble deciding whether the extra indoor square footage is worth trading the giant balcony for. I realize a lot of the balcony is to account for the fact that people can look down at you from above. Also, the difference between the 9th deck AC and the 10th deck AC is between cabin space and balcony space. Any opinions?

I feel like the extra bedroom in the AB is useless and it would be better with extra space. But people seem to really like the AB. The balcony seems tiny, though. Help!

I was wondering if anyone prefers the side or forward view. This is our first time with an AC or AB and I'm having trouble choosing. I've never had a forward and worry about the wind factor. Is it overwhelming?

Also having trouble deciding whether the extra indoor square footage is worth trading the giant balcony for. I realize a lot of the balcony is to account for the fact that people can look down at you from above. Also, the difference between the 9th deck AC and the 10th deck AC is between cabin space and balcony space. Any opinions?

I feel like the extra bedroom in the AB is useless and it would be better with extra space. But people seem to really like the AB. The balcony seems tiny, though. Help!

I much prefer the AB setup (even for two people) for a few reasons. The biggest one is that the bedroom and living room in the AB are separated by a door, not just one big room. Makes it wonderful to stay in bed while hubby answers door for butler serving breakfast :D. Second is the fantastic bathroom in the AB, so much room, showering and bathing with a view, two sinks, etc. Third is the second bathroom - hubby uses it (not always but when we both need in at the same time). The extra bedroom goes pretty much unused, but is great for storing luggage and purchases. I am one of the people who prefer the bow cabins over the stern, but would give up the bow view for the AB. The balcony is much larger on the AC, but sometimes I wonder how much balcony a person needs? Yes, you can sunbathe on the AC balcony, but I am not much of a sunbather anyway. It does get windy in the front. The ultimate for me would be the AB on the bow - until then I will settle for the AA...

Robin

I was wondering if anyone prefers the side or forward view.

We prefer the side view, but that is just us.

This is our first time with an AC or AB and I'm having trouble choosing. I've never had a forward and worry about the wind factor. Is it overwhelming?

I have had friends with forward facing cabins and they did say that the wind was quite intense to be able to comfortably use the balcony on a sea day.

Personally, indoor space ALWAYS wins out for me. We like our balcony, but, we don't spend enough time out on it to be the deciding factor in what cabin we get. I would rather have a large cabin space and a large bathroom over a large balcony any day.

You know, sometimes to MUCH thinking CAN make you CRAZY......!!! :eek: ;)

I can only give you my opinion on an AB on the Dawn, which is the same as an AB on the Star.

1. It is a FABULOUS CABIN.......!!!

2. We have been in one four times, five times next August.

3. It is the only cabin we will stay in when we are on the Dawn or if we were ever to go on the Star. With our without children.

4. About the balcony size, what do you plan on doing with a huge balcony? Having lots of parties? Dancing the Conga...???conga.gif

5. The Dawn AB balcony is not that small. This past August, we had four people out there admiriring the sunset. It was a teeny bit tight, but fine.

Here is a link to an AB on the Star. An AB on the Dawn looks EXACTLY ALIKE.......!!! We just find it the PERFECT CABIN......!!! The Master Bedroom is GREAT and the Master Bathroom, well, IT IS FABULOUS.....!!! sHa_okay.gif

You can always use the spare bedroom to store your luggage and the spare bathroom and be for "guests". :)

http://travel.webshots.com/album/573276408FRtBas?start=0

Archived