Poor Customer Service From Rccl

KelJ- Depends on how sneaky your TA is. :D

Actually, you're probably correct, my brain passed a little vapor and I had forgotten that we moved the Serenade cruise one week to scoop a sale price. Shame on my crummy memory

I am not embaressed at all about my posting. RCCL has messed up everything with this trip. I do understand that the sale was only for new bookings, but just like any store price adjustments can be made. The cabin was in the same catagory. This was the first sale on our date. I do understand that a cruise line wants to fill up their cabins. Just like an airline you can cancel and rebbok with a penalty. RCCL however, had a 50% penalty. I do know that sometimes last minute travelers can get a bargain. RCCL also did not honor our dining request on this upcoming cruise. The answer we were given was we had to take care of this on our first day. We booked this trip 8 months ago, and I don't see why they could honor our request. Our confiramtion shows what we asked for, but our tickets are different. I just feel that RCCL could have changed that ahead of time, so we did not have to spend our first day delaing with this matter. As for the bad reviews they are on the CC website under member reviews. The latest was posted today.

RCCL messed up everything???:confused:

Would you care to explain this.

So far the only "mess up":rolleyes: we know is that they had the gut to put your cruise on a sale you were not eligible for and didn´t make an exemption for you.

Dining preferences are always requests and not guaranteed. Actually dining set ups always have to be sort out onboard and never can be taken care of ahead of time. And it has nothing to do with if you spent $300 or $30.000 for the cruise.

I always have to smile reading they should have done this or that followed by I spent $XXX for the cruise.

You are talking about good customer service - do you really think it´s good customer service to treat customers by what they paid?

I think good customer service would be to treat each and any customer the same regardless how much was spent.

Same goes for cloths, you buy it early when they have the size you need, and 3 months later there it is on the clearance rack for $5 or $3 when you paid $24. That is why I check clearance first. I looked at some of those reduced cruises yesterday, around noon, but when I got home from work to review them with husband, they were already sold out. The statement that cabins available during 1/2 price sale might be true being left overs for upcoming, but I was looking for a cruise in 2009 over a yr away. They were pretty good prices, husband wants to book next cruise on upcoming cruise to get perks, the only thing you get is OBC which was offered during the 1/2 price sale as well. We will see!

We love our TA, wouldn't give her up for a minute ever..she always checks for price reductions (be it a senior special or a resident discount, or whatever) calls RCCL and gets the reduce rate for us. I think your beef is with your TA - they don't want to give up part of their commission which they would have to do if you got a lower cabin price. To the OP, I have had a cabin go on sale on a Tuesday special and it says in very clear lettering that it is for new bookings ONLY. Its too bad you've decided your going to hate the cruise and the ship. I personally wouldn't go on Carnival again (been on 5 and talk about rude service), yikes.

There is another new bookings only sale coming on July 1 - but they only extend out til end of August. They are tryin to fill the ships during the busy season

Same goes for cloths, you buy it early when they have the size you need, and 3 months later there it is on the clearance rack for $5 or $3 when you paid $24. That is why I check clearance first. I looked at some of those reduced cruises yesterday, around noon, but when I got home from work to review them with husband, they were already sold out. The statement that cabins available during 1/2 price sale might be true being left overs for upcoming, but I was looking for a cruise in 2009 over a yr away. They were pretty good prices, husband wants to book next cruise on upcoming cruise to get perks, the only thing you get is OBC which was offered during the 1/2 price sale as well. We will see!

Not quite true - there are 2 kinds of sales.

Tuesday specials - every Tuesday they releases sales for resident specials, senior specials, etc. Comes out every Tuesday like clockwork - Wednesday if Monday was a holiday. These apply to existing reservations.

New Booking 1 day sales - different animal, but frequently also released on Tuesdays. Only on brand new bookings. There is another one July 1.

Don't take it anywhere!!. The Tuesday Specials, are always FOR NEW BOOKINGS ONLY. Price reductions have never been allowed. My July cruise was on a Tuesday Special recently, our cabin which we paid $1749 for was on sale for $1299.00, that's just the luckof the draw, if you're willing to wait and book at the last minute, then great deals can be had. However, if you know the ship and date you want, and are not flexible then you have to book early and pay the price.

Archived