Celeb No Longer Aeroplan Partner?

HollyK

I realize this only affects Canucks but was a little surprised I hadn't heard about this on CC or even from Aeroplan! While it wasn't the only reason I booked (one day after this unannounced announcement) it certainly was a consideration.

Am I the only one who didn't know?

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'm a little bit annoyed as I booked my upcoming cruise (we leave next week) last September and was todl I would earn miles, but now it says that effective June 22nd, they are no longer a partner so I guess I'm not getting my points.

This is dissapointing news!

I realize this only affects Canucks but was a little surprised I hadn't heard about this on CC or even from Aeroplan! While it wasn't the only reason I booked (one day after this unannounced announcement) it certainly was a consideration.

Am I the only one who didn't know?

May i ask where you read this announcement. I just booked a cruise 2 weeks ago and had my Aeroplan# attached to it. The agent didn't mention anything.

I happen to google to find out what the points award process was for Celeb/Aeroplan. What did it say -- as of "June 22, 2008 Celebrity is no longer an Aeroplan partner". :(

Anyone who booked on or before June 21st will receive their miles for the cruise. Thus both you Bugsy & DMK are safe. I'm SOL! I'm rather annoyed about it as I could have booked earlier had I known - we're talking 24 - 48 hours here. Why did neither Aeroplan nor Celebrity say something? :mad:

Think I may move my booking to Cruiseship Centres as I would get points then --- at the moment!

Sign me Annoyed !

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'm a little bit annoyed as I booked my upcoming cruise (we leave next week) last September and was todl I would earn miles, but now it says that effective June 22nd, they are no longer a partner so I guess I'm not getting my points.

This is dissapointing news!

You will get your points. It's only on booking made after June 22 that won't get points.

This is news to me. Thanks for the info. I already have 2 cruises booked so I guess I'll get points for those.

You will if you booked them by June 21, however if you change the dates you will not. They consider that a new res and won't give the miles then.

it was a lousy program anyway

we did 3 cruises last year and received points for one

gave up discussing the issue with aeroplan

they are impossible to deal with

i for one will not miss the advertised 200 per night

it was a lousy program anyway

we did 3 cruises last year and received points for one

gave up discussing the issue with aeroplan

they are impossible to deal with

i for one will not miss the advertised 200 per night

Sorry to here you had such problems. We have always recieved all our airmiles including 2600 each on our last cruise on the Brilliance in April. I know there were some problems at the beginning but I thought they had been worked out. Obviously not for all.

I am an aeroplan member and have a cruise booked on Celebrity for next May that was booked before June 21st. I didn't know I could get points. Can someone tell me how to get Aeroplan to know that I have booked cruise? I didn't use my Aeroplan number when I booked.

I am an aeroplan member and have a cruise booked on Celebrity for next May that was booked before June 21st. I didn't know I could get points. Can someone tell me how to get Aeroplan to know that I have booked cruise? I didn't use my Aeroplan number when I booked.

If you booked with a TA you will have to go through that person, if you booked directly with Celebrity call them. As you booked prior to June 21st they should attach you number.

Archived