Smokers on Princess

RosieR

Just wanted to tell all the smokers on Princess ships that you can not buy smokes onboard to use during your cruise.
They will keep them and deliver them to your cabin on the last day.
I have always been able to buy them onboard to use on Carnival, HAL and I remember buying them on the Grand. They told me this Sept on the C.P. that it has been there policy for 12 years. You can only buy by the pack at the bars and they don't carry a large selection. Can anyone else tell me if this has been the case. Thanks. Rose

We've been on the Grand (2000) and Golden (2002) and never saw smokes for sale other than by the pack at the bars. Not sure of their policy but we always bring our own and buy them at the ports since they are usually very inexpensive.:)

On the Golden, last March, I was able to buy a carton in the gift shop, but had to pay a $5 charge over and above the price to take them with me. It was still cheaper than brining them from home.

I then bought the same cigarettes in St. Martin for $10 per carton and they did not confiscate them when I returned to the ship.

Archived