Prepay tips in £ or pay on board in $?

Booked on Voyager from Barcelona in August, and wondering whether to prepay the tips here first. I was going to wait and pay the onboard package until my travel agent quoted me £36 per person for the week. If I add up the guidelines on the RCI website it comes to over $100? Not sure if my agent has made a mistake or I've calculated it wrong? Any other Brits had the same price?

Booked on Voyager from Barcelona in August, and wondering whether to prepay the tips here first. I was going to wait and pay the onboard package until my travel agent quoted me £36 per person for the week. If I add up the guidelines on the RCI website it comes to over $100? Not sure if my agent has made a mistake or I've calculated it wrong? Any other Brits had the same price?

If you are going on a 7 nighter, the tips in $ will be

Stateroom attn $3.50

Waiter $3.50

Asst Waiter $2.00

Head Waiter $0.75 (if you see him!!)

Total $68.25 per person

The tips in £ for your cruise are quoted as £73.70 for 2 people on the RCCL website. That more or less equates to the £36 each your TA has quoted.

According to my calculations, it's in your favour slightly to pay on board in $. We always prefer to tip in cash on board.

Hope that helps!:)

Archived