Documentation needed for our children

Al's_gal

I tried searching but couldn't come up with anything, so I do apologize if the answer to this is hiding somewhere. What kind of documentation (if any) will be need to bring for our two children, ages 3 and 2 at time of sailing? Will we need to bring their birth certificates? Or is nothing required for children this age? Thanks very much!

On our kids first crusie, we just used their birth certificates, but with the new regs, we have gone with passports since then.

I am not sure what the regulations are right now, but I thought everyone has to have a passport. Either way, it saves alot of time at check in both at the air terminal and ship terminal.

I hope this helps,

Kim

This is what it says on the RCCL site:

A valid passport is a requirement for air travel to / from Canada, Mexico the Caribbean and Bermuda

Effective June 1, 2009 only a valid passport (unless otherwise noted below) or other WHTI compliant document will be accepted for entry or re-entry into the United States. For a list of all approved documents visit: http://travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2223.html#compliant_document

U.S. citizens on closed-loop cruises (cruises that begin and end at the same port in the U.S.) will be able to enter or depart the country with proof of citizenship, such as a birth certificate and laminated government issued picture ID, denoting photo, name and date of birth. A U.S. citizen under the age of 16 will be able to present either an original or a copy of his or her birth certificate, a Consular Report of Birth Abroad issues by DOS, or Certificate of Naturalization issued by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Archived