Deluxe Owner's vs. Owner's Suite?

Has anyone sailed in either on the Gem or the Pearl? Which suite is really better? I know the Deluxe has a lot more sq. footage, but the regular Owner's suite looks more spacious if you don't count the balconies in either suite, so is the Deluxe classified as so big, just because of the balcony?

Thanks.

Has anyone sailed in either on the Gem or the Pearl? Which suite is really better? I know the Deluxe has a lot more sq. footage' date=' but the regular Owner's suite looks more spacious if you don't count the balconies in either suite, so is the Deluxe classified as so big, just because of the balcony?

Thanks.[/quote']

The deluxe owners suites have one major advantage and that is the location, the room is significantly smaller that the owners suite, particularly if you get one on deck 10. The balcony on the deluxe is fantastic, as it also has the hottub but can be very windy when underway, whereas the owners suite has the side balcony as well which is sheltered.

I prefer the space of the owners suite, my wife prefers the deluxe for location and proximity to the courtyard. Hope that helps

We were in the Jade's DOS. One difference is that there is two balconies as opposed to the ones on Gem and Pearl making one useable if the other was too windy. No hot tub on the Jade either. The view is great from up there though. Roll is more pronounced up top but the up/down movement is more pronounced at forward (OS) as well.

Downside was the stair access to the DOS - 19 of them on the Jade - not sure how many on the Gem or Pearl. So if stairs are an issue for you or your spouse then I'd go with the Owners Suite. Personally, after sailing in the DOS I'd still go for the Owners Suite - unless it was a Transatlantic (too much movement) :D

Has anyone sailed in either on the Gem or the Pearl? Which suite is really better? I know the Deluxe has a lot more sq. footage' date=' but the regular Owner's suite looks more spacious if you don't count the balconies in either suite, so is the Deluxe classified as so big, just because of the balcony?

Thanks.[/quote']

We recently sailed in the Owners Suite on the Gem and got to sneek a peek at the Deluxe OS on the first day of our cruise. If you are a balcony person - then I guess the Deluxe is nice since it has its own hot tub and more space to really stretch out. On the other hand, our OS on deck 10 had the two balconies (front and side) and although smaller, we enjoyed being able to access the side balcony when the ship was moving - the front one was just too windy. Also, I don't think there is elevator access to Deck 15 where the Deluxe Owner's Suites are located. Our butler took us up a flight of stairs to peek at it and made a comment about the daily "work out" one would get from being in the cabin. I took that to mean it was the only way up there. Not a big deal to most since it's not a LONG flight of stairs, but it would definitely be a limitation to someone with a handicap.

I went to check out the square footages - here's what they are

Deluxe Owners Suite - Cabin 630 sq ft balcony 567 sq ft

Owners Suite - Cabin 673 sq ft - balcony 151 sq ft

Also I like the fact that the Owners suite has a separated bedroom (door) instead of the curtained off area in the DOS.

Thanks. This is really valuable info. I had a feeling that Deluxe balcony would be really windy and since we are considering a Winter cruise from NYC, it would probably be better to have more suite less balcony. Do Owner's Suite guests still have access to the Courtyard?

I went to check out the square footages - here's what they are

Deluxe Owners Suite - Cabin 630 sq ft balcony 567 sq ft

Owners Suite - Cabin 673 sq ft - balcony 151 sq ft

Also I like the fact that the Owners suite has a separated bedroom (door) instead of the curtained off area in the DOS.

On the Pearl the Owner's Suite has a curtain separating the bedroom from the living/dining area. In the Deluxe Owners Suite it's really just one big room with a curtain that encircles the bed.

We stayed in AA 9004 on the Pearl on our May 25th cruise to Alaska and last year in June we were in A2 15500.

On the Pearl the A2 square footage was 455' for the room and 476' for the balcony. The Owner's Suites vary depending on which deck you are on. I know AA 9004 was 543' for the room and 248' for the balcony where 10504 was 673' for the room and 151' for the balcony.

I have lots of pictures of both cabins:

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/563745682WfHIDH

and

http://travel.webshots.com/album/559709612meckGV

Thanks. This is really valuable info. I had a feeling that Deluxe balcony would be really windy and since we are considering a Winter cruise from NYC' date=' it would probably be better to have more suite less balcony. Do Owner's Suite guests still have access to the Courtyard?[/quote']

Yes, you would still have access to the courtyard and all the amenities that go with it as well. Which will be really nice for the first few days out of NYC. Plus you would get the included 3 bottles of alcohol with either suite. ;)

As for wind - well, both suites are going to be hampered by wind - but at least with the OS you would have the option of utilizing the second balcony on the side of the suite. Once you get to warmer climes the wind then becomes a refreshing breeze. :D

On the Pearl the Owner's Suite has a curtain separating the bedroom from the living/dining area. In the Deluxe Owners Suite it's really just one big room with a curtain that encircles the bed.

We stayed in AA 9004 on the Pearl on our May 25th cruise to Alaska and last year in June we were in A2 15500.

On the Pearl the A2 square footage was 455' for the room and 476' for the balcony. The Owner's Suites vary depending on which deck you are on. I know AA 9004 was 543' for the room and 248' for the balcony where 10504 was 673' for the room and 151' for the balcony.

I have lots of pictures of both cabins:

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/563745682WfHIDH

and

http://travel.webshots.com/album/559709612meckGV

Sorry it was the deck plans and rooms on the Gem I looked at - I really should have specified what ship. Deck 10. The room description also stated a separate bedroom (door) which is something we usually look for. Thank you for clarifiying my oversight. :o

The Jade has only one A2 - square footage of the room is just over 980 sq ft. balconies on both sides of the suite are approx 250 sq ft each. Amazing how it changes from ship to ship. But then, if they were all the same we wouldn't be looking to change ships so often. LOL

We stayed in OS 10004 on the Gem in April. The suite was great and we did use both balconies, but not the front when we were at full speed. That front balcony is great for sailaway, in port and even at sea in the warmer climates when you're not traveling as fast. The side balcony is great when you can't use the forward one.

Plenty of room and great amenities. We enjoyed the Courtyard too once we were given the correct room cards to access it. Breakfast and lunch at Cagney's or the Courtyard is also a great perk.

We didn't get to see the DOS's, so I can't help you there.

Enjoy whichever one you choose.

Jackie

There are pics of 10004 in my webshots albums if you want to check them out. Some of the Courtyard too.

http://community.webshots.com/user/angeljt

Archived