MSC Musica July 6

travelbug1948

Our party of 8 have booked on The Musica for 6 July cruise - anyone on here taking that trip? Also any info you have would be useful as on other sites there has been a lot of negative reports but am really looking forward to it whatever!:)

There is a seperate ro;; call section on these forum that has MSC - you may find that there is already a thread started for this cruise there. I've sailed frequently with MSC and always have a great time. the prices are excellent and the newer ships beautiful, stylish and clean. the admin can be chaotic (but not always), some of the Italian receptionists a bit snooty but the bar, restaurant and cabin staff are usually friendly and helpful. The food id mass catering style so it's not gourmet by any stretch of the imagination but its far from inedible. The pizza, pasta and ice creams are fabulous. A lot of the negative comments (from mainly US and Brits) are from (in my opinion) people who prefer the American or British ships were English speakers are not in the monority and there are not announcements in 5 or 6 languages. personally not only do i not mind that, I prefer it. I think that as you are prepared to go with an open mind and enjoy yourself, you will. i always think that if you ar4e looking for the things that are wrong, you'll invariably find them and if you go expecting to have fun, then you will. there may be some aspects you don't like as much but as long as the things you do outweigh, then overall it will have been worthwhile. Although i've not been on the Musica, I do know MSC well, so if you have any specific questions, i'd be happy to help if I can

mairi

Thanks so much Mairi for your information - I do agree that most of the negative comments are generally cruisers on 5 star ships but I am certainly going with an open mind and we are all determined to enjoy ourselves! Thanks again

:) :) Chris

Archived