Carry-on dimensions?

rphgf

I am finishing my packing for tomorrow and I realize that I might have to also take a carry-on. What size carry-on can I hand carry onto the Glory?

- standard airline 22 inch? I have seen several different sizes mentioned and I just want to be certain. (especially after reading the thread about the wedding dress that was lost because they would not let it be carried on)

thanks in advance

The size limit is really governed by what will go through the x-ray machine at the port. You could get away with a larger than 22 inch, but it should not be too much wider or deeper than a standard roll aboard.

Do you have luggage restrictions?spacer.gif

Guests are encouraged to limit their checked luggage to two suitcases per person, with each suitcase not to weigh more that 50 pounds and not exceed 16"h x 24"w x 30"length. Please attach your Carnival Cruise Lines luggage tags PRIOR to leaving home and make sure that they are still on your bags when checking in with us. In many ports, guests have the option of carrying luggage on board at embarkation and off the ship at the end of the cruise as long as it does not exceed 24"w x 16"h. This is an advantage you may want to consider as it will allow for quicker easier access to your bags.

Further info on baggage can be found on the website:

http://carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Baggage_Information__Embarkation_Debarkation.aspx

I am finishing my packing for tomorrow and I realize that I might have to also take a carry-on. What size carry-on can I hand carry onto the Glory?

- standard airline 22 inch? I have seen several different sizes mentioned and I just want to be certain. (especially after reading the thread about the wedding dress that was lost because they would not let it be carried on)

thanks in advance

Best thing would be to check with the airline you are flying with. Some of the smaller/regional/express flights will not allow the same size carry-on as a larger plane. However, the basic requirement for MOST airlines is that the bag cannot exceed 45 linear inches. Take the bag in question AFTER it is packed and with a tape measure, measure the height, width and depth of the bag. Add those 3 numbers together and you have the linear inches.

Thanks for the help everyone. I realize now why I wasn't sure - at some point I had seen that 12" x 12" cooler thing.

I can't tell you how excited we are for the first cruise. I'm off to Target right now for those last few items. - my son just told me he really needs socks.

Archived