cruise flights NEED HELP PLEASE

jetstorm

I need to book my flights nos as Southwest has just opened flights for my December cruise. My question is, what's the earliest flight I should book to get off the ship and to the airport in Ft. Lauderdale? There is an 11:25 and a 1pm to choose from. The 11:30 flight gets me home 2hrs. and 35 mins. sooner.

If I were to go with HAL's airfare when woulf I find out the flight schedule? I'm thinking that HAL might be cheaper but since our cruise leaves the day after school is out I don't have a lot of options about when to leave.

I doubt that HAL will be cheaper than Southwest (you might want to wait until the middle of next week when SW lowers the rates). I'd take the 1:00 just to be sure. The worst that happens is you waste an hour an a half; if you get to the airport early and there are seats available you might get on the 11:25 flight. Now I'm off to Southwest to look at flights for our trip!:cool:

what's the earliest flight I should book to get off the ship and to the airport in Ft. Lauderdale?

If I were to go with HAL's airfare when woulf I find out the flight schedule?

Check porttime.com to see how many ships will be disembarking the same day as you. If there are just 3 ships or less I would be tempted to go for the 11:25, do self-disembarkation, and take a taxi. However, with more ships disembarking the airport itself could be terrible, and the 1:00p would be safer.

I doubt that HAL's flight(s) would be cheaper, and you won't have any flight assigned until approximately 4 weeks before sailing.

Thank you all so.... much! I checked with the HAL site and their air is higher plus I wouldn't know my flight schedule ahead of time. I also check the port time site and it lists 7 ships in port that day. I don't know if they are coming or going, but I chose to fly out on the later flight just in case.

You guys have been so helpful and so fast at answering my questions. I really really appreciate all your help.

The Security lines in the terminal that Southwest uses are VERRRRRRRRRRY slow, due to the high volume of passengers

that fly out of those gates.

Better to avoid the stress, take the short taxi ride to FLL

and be early for your flight so you can go through the lines

in plenty of time.

I have seen people close to hysteria there because they

didn't account for the time to get to the gate.

Security there is very good, but there are just

so many people to screen that it takes a long time.

Why stress out after a relaxing cruise. Book the later time

and be happy.

Archived