Disability Cabin Star

sealuber

I have been going through all the threads and have not seen one with this question. Are the handicap accessible cabins on the Star big enough for 4 people. According to my TA they are but I am a little skeptical. My son is in a chair he is 12 and my daughter is 9. We will be four in the accessible cabin on deck 10. Please advise :)

We stayed in the accessible inside cabin 9719 on the Star. There were 4 people (plus 2 wheelchairs and a walker). They brought in another bed (I slept on it and found it quite comfy) plus the two beds in the cabin plus the pull out from the wall. We thought we had plenty of room. According to the NCL deckplans your cabin should be quite similar in size. Was a nice cabin for us. Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise. :)

Was worried that we were not going to fit. I had one TA want to sell us two cabins, the TA that we went with asked more questions.(First cruise did not know about accessbility cabins) he then said that we would qualify for a accessibility cabin. Is the Star easy to get around in in a wheelchair?

Thanks!

Hi. We have been on the Star twice now. We really liked this ship. There are automatic sliding doors out to the promenade. The only door you might have a bit of trouble with (and I didn't because of some nice passengers holding the door open) has ramp leading out to the pool deck which can actually be avoided by going the other way. I don't know how to upload pictures onto Cruise Critic so if you don't mind posting your email address here, I would be more than happy to email you pictures of the inside cabin we had last year if you would like. There was a small ramp going up into the bathroom in the cabin but I found it pretty easy to go up in my wheelchair as did my grandma with her walker. :)

Sherran

Archived