Has anybody heard/know of or have any info on Candlewood Suites Galveston

inotdown

Hello,

I did a search in the forums and looked at various sites and I noticed that there is a hotel/motel by the name of Candlewood Suites and that they are accepting reservations for dates starting in late july. Unfortunately the forum searches are coming up with nothing.I am assuming that this is a new hotel. Does anybody have any other information to share such as the location that it is in or any other information that I could use. The address Candlewood Suites

808 61ST STREET

GALVESTON, TX 77551

This hotel is showing up in Kayak and the other travel search engines. Other than the standard info there is nothing much else.

If anybody has info such as parking, safety of area info, or anything, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

If you go to their website they are now accepting reservations for stays starting July 19 or later. So it will be opening in a few weeks. I came across it when I was booking a hotel for our pre-cruise stay but we were a week too early....

You can google Candlewood Suites to find their website.

The same person that ownes the Hampton owns the Candlewood suites the Candlewood is as you come into Galveston and the Hampton is closer to everything else. They are both new if you call Candlewood reservations they will give you a local phone number but it goes to the Hampton Hotel you can then let them know you are intrested in the Candlewood. We have been dealing with a lady named Sandy at the Hampton but I thought I was talking to someone at the Candlewood but then she told me it was the same number and owners. So I called my friend in Galveston and she said the Hampton is the way to go. Plus they offer shuttle and covered parking for only $25.00 per car. So thats they was we are going.

APRIL

SO what kind of pricing are we talking?? We reserved a room for Sat, 8/2/08 and it was a bit pricey but we get free parking for the week for 1 car. We booked 2 rooms because we have 6 people but also because we will need the extra car for luggage and people.

Help!! I reserved at a hotel close to the pier but willing to change if it is a better benefit.

Angela

Archived