More photos from Ventura fjords cruise

timetravellers

Thank you.

We had a balcony cabin on Lido Deck 15 - L226. Top of the ship, fantastic views.

I have a further 600 photos from this cruise which I'm still going through!!!

Enjoy your trip. The ship is lovely.

Gail

Great Pics off on Arcadia on the 13 nights Top of the World cruise on the 21st July nice to see some of the ports we are calling at

Looks like you had good weather too fingers crossed please every body for some dry bright weather in Norway end of July

• 5 months later...

at last !! i have found a thread on the fjords cruise :D have booked for the ventura fjord cruise in june and after seeing these pictures have made me look forward to it even more :cool: maybe i should start a roll call and see if there is anyone else going on this ?

Good question, as I haven't done a 7n cruise before and am doing a fjords one on Oceana in August.

How many formal nights on a 7n cruise? Is it 2? Now semi formals are disappearing on Ventura and Oceana we will have the rest smart casual.... doubt if there are any theme nights? Unless one of formals is black and white?

Please can someone confirm what we get on a 7n cruise.:)

I too would like to do a fjords cruise. In fact I was going to book one for this year but was put off by the rather high price - I found that 11 nights (cruise only) on Celebrity Solstice wasn't much more than 7 nights on Oceana.

That was in May 2008 (for 2009) and prices may change nearer next summer.

It was good having tea making facilities. We soon discovered that the biscuit container was magically refilled every time we went out and

we ended up with a drawer full of packets of biscuits!!

w.jpg

There was enough room for breakfast in the cabin or on the balcony if it was warm enough.

x.jpg

v.jpg

I have just seen your beautiful photos i too am going on the same cruise as northbank boy the 1st time to the fjords, is there any trips you would recomend or any tips you could pass on thanks hazel

Glad you like the photos.

If you are going to Flamm, then get up early, get off the ship at about 8am and walk along to the railway station - only about 150 yards. We got tickets for the first train and it was half empty which meant we could move from side to side without stepping on passengers. There is a commentary on the train.

We went right up to Myrdal, spent about 15 minutes there, then got back on board and returned back to Flamm.

When we got there, the queue was really really long and the train was going to be packed.

We also went to Olden and we took a trip to the Briksdal glacier there (organised by P&O). We were really disappointed as our friends had been there a few years before and we had seen their photos. The glacier had really shrunk. The walk to the glacier is about 50/60 minutes each way from the coach park and is uphill most of the way. We have a well earned tea will loads of cake when we reached the coach park - very nice!!

In Bergen, we took a whole day coach trip around the area as it was half price (P&O mistake!). It was a good trip but we regret not going in the cable car which goes up above Bergen. We will have to go again one day.

Our other port of call was Stavanger and it rained a bit and was a grey day. We didn't find much to do there except look around the shops which were VERY expensive. Our friends went on a boat trip round the fjord which they enjoyed.

Hope this helps. Any questions, then please ask.

Enjoy the fjords. We will go again one day and hopefully make it to the North Cape.

Gail

It was good having tea making facilities. We soon discovered that the biscuit container was magically refilled every time we went out and

we ended up with a drawer full of packets of biscuits!!

There was enough room for breakfast in the cabin or on the balcony if it was warm enough.

Mr & Mrs T

Ta very much

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

time travellers thanks for your help do you think it is better to book trips with p&o or not as we went on oriana at xmas got to tenerife and a taxi wanted to charge us 155 euros to las americas if we had gone on trip it was 20 pound each and we did not know where to get bus ourselves so we didnot see that much really

good question hazel , from what i have seen not that many excursions that i think we will book , am planning on just getting off the ship have a couple of hours walking around then get back on for lunch ! have seen that you can book a trip to the glacier but someone said was not worth doing ? any one else know any better ?

yes i think we will be doing very much the same as i have heard it is very expensive over there, we wouldnt mind going on the cable car in bergen though went on one in madeira i was dreading it but it was the best thing i did hazel.

ps if we had booked to go on cable car and tobbogan back down it was £38 each with p&o we did it our selves for £20 for 2 of us

Hello, I know I am late to the party but I have just found this thread! I was on your cruise to the Fjords but you probably wouldn't have met me as I was a crew member at the time - controversially, I was a "Reef Ranger". This cruise was one of my favourites, and I was stood on the crew deck watching us sail through the fjords on my two hour break. It was freezing! My camera had broken, and I had to take pictures on my disposable so seeing your pictures have really made me smile! I didn't get to see many of the wonderful things you have seen and as an ex passenger, I have vowed I will go back and do a cruise of the fjords when I can have as long as I like. It was funny seeing your lifeboat pictures. I remember that day, it was Flamm day! My favourite port. We had crew drills that day and I had managed to escape for two hours afterwards before starting back at work. I found a little cafe and had a hot chocolate (it was cold!!). Thanks so much for posting, you have made my day.

PS - I no longer work on board, I quit! No bad reasons for quitting, just as a qualified teacher I was not getting challenged enough - forgive me, I am rambling!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, just found this thread, I loved the photos as I will be calling at all these ports in August.

Embarrassing question, can anyone tell me if there are toilets on the train at the Flaam railway? I'm one of these people who suffers from "psychological incontinence", ie if I know I can't go, then I want to!!!

Would be very grateful if someone could tell me.

Polly

• 2 months later...
at last !! i have found a thread on the fjords cruise :D have booked for the ventura fjord cruise in june and after seeing these pictures have made me look forward to it even more :cool: maybe i should start a roll call and see if there is anyone else going on this ?

Hi northbankboy, we are also going in June, have you found out any info on trips or any other usefull info yet? I am just about to start asking

I have just seen your beautiful photos i too am going on the same cruise as northbank boy the 1st time to the fjords, is there any trips you would recomend or any tips you could pass on thanks hazel

Well Hazel thats you Northbankboy and me, do you think we will see each other on this huge ship? I am also waiting for any tips for this cruise.

• 1 month later...

Archived