Luggage Storage - Manhattan - anyone else used them?

hawaiilvr

most of the time you don't even today. or you can buy a $4.00 amtrak ticket to Newarks Penn Station. They aren't so picky on the train so far....can you imagine if they had this requirement for the long island railroad.....

Just a suggestion:

There are three or four few Avis car rental locations not far from the port. Get a one way rental with drop off at EWR.

Get off the cruise, go to the rental car place, put your luggage in the car, leave the car at the rental office, go sightseeing and drive to EWR. Cost for a full size car is about $120.00.

As cheap as taking a taxi down to 34th St, putting your luggage in storage, then getting transport to EWR. And a lot less time consuming.

From Midtown, the drive to EWR is relatively easy and should take no longer than 45 minutes. Smeyer418 can give you exact directions.

Just a suggestion:

There are three or four few Avis car rental locations not far from the port. Get a one way rental with drop off at EWR.

Get off the cruise, go to the rental car place, put your luggage in the car, leave the car at the rental office, go sightseeing and drive to EWR. Cost for a full size car is about $120.00.

As cheap as taking a taxi down to 34th St, putting your luggage in storage, then getting transport to EWR. And a lot less time consuming.

From Midtown, the drive to EWR is relatively easy and should take no longer than 45 minutes. Smeyer418 can give you exact directions.

Thanks for the awesome suggestion. I reserved a mid-size from Budget for $57 for the day. They are located on 48th and 8th, a quick taxi ride from the pier. According to Google maps it is 17 miles to drive and 30 minutes - up to an hour in traffic. Much less stressful than trying to store luggage somewhere!

Thanks for the awesome suggestion. I reserved a mid-size from Budget for $57 for the day. They are located on 48th and 8th, a quick taxi ride from the pier. According to Google maps it is 17 miles to drive and 30 minutes - up to an hour in traffic. Much less stressful than trying to store luggage somewhere!

Before you run the victory lap with this idea call the car rental company and make sure they will let you leave your rental car at the location after you have rented it. If they do this is a fantastic idea; if not you will be spending your sightseeing day riding around nyc looking at the sites from your rental car.

Before you run the victory lap with this idea call the car rental company and make sure they will let you leave your rental car at the location after you have rented it. If they do this is a fantastic idea; if not you will be spending your sightseeing day riding around nyc looking at the sites from your rental car.

One reason I recommended Avis. I KNOW they will allow you to do it. A couple times, I have rented a car on our corporate account (over the phone, not in person), my employees have dropped off large boxes of paperwork and misc (put them in the trunk) that I needed later in the day and the car has stayed in the parking lot until I was ready to go pick up the car.

I don't know how Budget will handle it. But if they make you take the car out, there are about 8 parking lots within a couple of blocks from Avis. 48th runs East and there is an Icon parking lot between Broadway and 8th Ave. About $35.00 for the day, but there are discount coupons available.

• 1 month later...

Archived