Flight Delayed For Today - Not Going To Make The Ship - Devestated

IMSAILING

Trying to get on the Valor for tomorrow -and go on our delayed flight for today - but if you can believe this - Carnival's web booking site is down until 7:00 a.m. - what a roller coaster of emotions

Lesson Learned - NEVER fly in the day of - *SIGH*

:( Don't you wish life didn't come with all these lessons??

I'm sorry about your cruise. I hope you are able to worrk something out.

Best of luck to you - I hope you get that cruise you've waited so patiently for.

My heart sank when I read your post title. I can truly sympathize - we were delayed last year and thought for quite a while that we would not make the ship. :(

Guest Mary49
Our flight for this morning from Toronto to Miami has been delayed - we will not make the ship - no other flights available - 1st port of call tomorrow is Half Moon Cay - no airport -

Cancelling trip - working with Carnival and Airline for refund.

This was to be my DH and I second cruise - first cruise for my parents

They sure are going to look twice when I show up at the office on Monday

DEVESTATED

Good luck, I hope Carnival and Airline come thru for you and you get your money back. What a shame about your vacation cruise being cancelled because of the airline being delayed. It does pay to go a day before just for your piece of mind. Let us know how you make out. Mary49

Ugh...what a sick, sick feeling. I know it well. A few years ago my entire family was going on a cruise after my mom passed away. My DH, DS and I went a day early (the rest of the family met us the next day), and my DH left the bag with our tix, passports, plane info, and all personal items in the taxi (I was in charge of the kid...he was in charge of the bags). It was on a Sat. evening...no way to contact taxi drivers according to concierge, who didn't seem real concerned for us. I spent hours envisioning my family getting on the ship and waving sadly to us from the top deck while we tried to figure out how to get home from San Juan with no i.d., tix, or anything. Ugh...I felt sick, to say the least.

Finally, after hours of worry, lots of money in taxi fares and tips, and a taxi chase worthy of a movie, we got our stuff back. It ended up being a fantastic cruise :D , but that feleing when I thought we weren't going was bad, bad, bad.

I hope it works out for you on the Valor. Maybe it will be even better than the one you had planned.

Is there any option you can hop in the car and drive to Miami for tomorrow's Valor? (if you can get on, mind you)

We've done it several times. Not my favourite, mind you, but definitely better than the alternative!

Trying to get on the Valor for tomorrow -and go on our delayed flight for today - but if you can believe this - Carnival's web booking site is down until 7:00 a.m. - what a roller coaster of emotions

Lesson Learned - NEVER fly in the day of - *SIGH*

OMG...I feel for you right now....my heart shank when I seen your post. I have my fingers crossed that everything will work out. The Carnival Valor is a beautiful ship so I am hoping that you all get on it tomorrow. For us coming from the east coast of Canada we now fly into Miami 3 to 4 days before we sail. Between flight delays and not ever getting our luggage when we arrive in Miami for a couple of days. I have learned to travel very lightly with only clothes for a couple of day and then we go 'cruise clothes' shopping when we get to Miami:D. I don't take chances anymore. I am almost to the point where I might start driving to Miami!

Please keep us all posted.

Donna

Fingers crossed that you make it!

It is socked in with fog here in Ottawa today; don't know if flights are affected but we once had to return home from the airport because of fog which caused us to miss our connection to Hawaii and knock a day off our trip.

Winter weather is not the only reason to go a day or so early. For Europe I want two days earlier given the high cost and minimal options.

Good luck. Will be watching for updates.

Kathy:)

Our flight for this morning from Toronto to Miami has been delayed - we will not make the ship - no other flights available - 1st port of call tomorrow is Half Moon Cay - no airport -

Cancelling trip - working with Carnival and Airline for refund.

This was to be my DH and I second cruise - first cruise for my parents

They sure are going to look twice when I show up at the office on Monday

DEVESTATED

Can't you try to get to the second POC after half moon cay? At least you would have 5 days....or however that works out.

I'm really sorry this happened to you, I feel your devistation. You plan for something and look forward to it for so long then poof, it's taken from you in a minute.

Hopefully CCL will work with you and get you some type of credit on another cruise.

Do you have travel insurance? I wonder how that will work since you are within final payment of the cruise.

Sure hope that things worked out for you. I used to always fly in the day of a cruise but not anymore. Right now I don't fly at all. I'm only cruising from ports I can drive to-pretty much just Baltimore and Norfolk. Norfolk I drive in the day of since it's only 1 and 1/2 hours away but Baltimore I go up the day before. It's only 3 to 4 hours but I just don't want to take a chance. We found a pretty cheap motel. It's old but very clean and it's just one night.

Hoping your're on your way to get on a ship!

I think that we should always take this post and keep it alive for years and years on these boards...

ImSailing.. I keep on checking back this morning, and am hoping that somehow you have made it to Florida .... and that you have a wonderful vacation.

Flying the day before and spending $150.00 on a hotel is worth its weight in gold....even in the summertime.

Catrin

Keeping my fingers crossed for you. I would be crushed if this happened. We're driving in a day early to JAX. One of the families wants to fly down the day of. I'll let him know about this. I hope you can make it on any ship at this point! I'm a teacher and feel like my whole time off has been reading these threads - which I have learned so much about. We're going to Atlantis and HMC. It would suck if we had to change ports since we've planned our days. But, any cruise is better than no cruise!

Hope to hear from you soon.

My fingers are also crossed. My heart sank when I read this, and I know how the OP is feeing, I have missed a cruise. I will never forget the feeling when I realized that we would not make it to our cruise, I wanted to throw up.:(

I wish everyone would read this post especially those who say "I fly in the same day and never had a problem". Because this was a DIRECT flight and during the SUMMER!:eek:

I know that some feel it isn't possible to take an extra day off from work or they don't like the added expense of the nights lodging prior to the cruise, but imagine how much less stress that the OP would have to deal with if they had flown yesterday (NOT trying to lecture the OP)

MAC

I added a new thread - but here is our update

Valor and Triumph both booked solid for tomorrow

Going to meet the ship in St.Thomas on Tuesday

We are going to go to St.Thomas tomorrow - It will take us ALL DAY to get there. Going to stay for 2 nights on our own dime

Going to be getting OBC from Carnival - not sure yet how much

Trying to make the best of a bad situation - Feeling sad to be back at home

The dogs sure were happy to see us

We are going to go to St.Thomas tomorrow - It will take us ALL DAY to get there. Going to stay for 2 nights on our own dime

Gheesh IM - I am so sorry this happened to you. The good thing is you will be able to spend some time in St Thomas which is a great island.

The nice thing too is CCL is giving you some onboard credit which they really don't have to do but that will be nice to have.

I hope you get out on your flight and have a safe trip down. If you stop over in Atlanta to change planes wave hello to me as you're passing by. I'll have the giant sign laid out on the ground that says "have a great cruise".

I admire your spirit and sense of humor, God Bless ya...It will be a fabulous trip and you are having extra time in a most beautiful place...:)

Please come back and tell us all about it!!!

Archived