Flight Delayed For Today - Not Going To Make The Ship - Devestated

IMSAILING

I live near Toronto in Mississauga and I never fly out of Toronto Always from buffalo NY Flights are cheaper and there are a lot more flights going to Florida Im flying to FT Lauderdale on the 14th of July for $177 Canadian Next time if your flight is canceled get on the internet fast or to a travel agent they might of got you down there on time Its only a hour and a half to the Buffalo airport from Toronto airport

Once I worked with an assoicate of my regular TA, i stopped by to check something, she was going over the flight arrangements, and said you will be flying in Date of Cruise, I said " Hold It" never fly sameday, then she corrects herself saying no day Before. I went back day after spoke with my Regular TA, it was the Night Before. I keep close tabs on our bookings, unless our regular TA.

Also, didn't the OP indicate that they would have to pay for two nights in St. Thomas? That would be very steep along with meals, etc. ! Am sure insurance would pay for some (if you purchased it) but assume you would be responsible for paying these charges upfront and then reimbursed weeks later.

Also, would agree about spending the extra $ to go a day early. If you can't afford another $100 for your trip, you need to either book a lower cabin, save more money or adjust somewhere else.

Even if you arrive pre-cruise late a night, it's worth it knowing you are not stressing out flying the day of the cruise. Know lots of people do it and have had two travel agents say it's not that big of a deal (RIGHT!!). Even with an extra day, sometimes that isn't enough. Had a group in our area go on a cruise in March (winter!!) and they had scheduled flights a day early. They didn't arrive in Miami until 2:30 p.m. the day of the cruise plus they had to drive 1 1/2 hours to another airport and stay overnight.

Archived