HELP! All-Inclusive (Bahamas) or Valor

Cruisebird

DH and I have planned a vaca to an all-inclusive for 7 days in the Bahamas, diving included. However the Valor has come to my attention with a great diving itinerary. We have cruised many, many times (20 or so) and love it. We thought we'd give an all-inclusive a try as long as we could dive, but now I don't know what to do.

Any advice/opinion would be greatly appreciated. We have to decide quickly not only for the cruise, but to get our deposit back as well.

HELP!!!!

Cruisebird

As a diver with a wife that doesn't dive much I would say go to the Bahamas but im stingy and prefer to dive as much as possible but Sandals may only offer unlimited shore diving Iwould check that out if you want more then just shore dives.

I think that Stuart Cove's bus may pick up at Sandals. They pick up at several stops along that strip, and go all the way to Atlantis. We really like SC's dive operation. We have even considered swapping our timeshare for a week there. SC also offers several distant dive trips that you can't do from a cruise. I think there is a 3 tank trip and of course there's always the opportunity to night dive. One cool thing beside the sharks you'll see are the red scorpion fish. They aren't native, but are invading the waters off Nassau in large numbers.

The choice is a tough one. I'd base it on what diving Sandals offers.

Thanks for all the feedback. Sandals offered two tank dives each day. Night dive or additional are extra. Very hard to get information regarding the diving. Their reservation number is less than helpful and they don't give you a number to the resort to call.

Again, thanks to all for advice.

Archived