Decisions Decisions

Was looking for some advice on cameras. I am looking for a camera that is easy to use and ultimately takes great pics. Not too pricey. Heres my dilemma. I want to take underwater pics as well. I was really thinking about the canon a630 for an overall camera with a housing maybe or aquapak. Then I was reading reviews about the olympus waterproof camera. Read about a few malfunctions and pictures were lost and also never seen land pics from that camera. Any recommendations? Should I buy 2 cameras (1 specifically for the water) or 1 with housing and how safe is the housing? Also as far as canon P&S is concerned any opinions the the best all around? Thanks for any suggestions

Olympus sounds like a solid all around choice for you. I think that the olympus would give you what you need. This camera is actually just a regular point and shoot with the ability to go under water. Most point and shoots these days will give you great shots, some do things better than others, but they all take nice pictures

As far as lost pictures, I wouldn't sweat it, you never know if it were camera malfunction or a bad memory card. Olympus is a solid camera brand, any brand of camera even the most expensive will have some failure, the best bet is to use it before your trip and run it through its paces, with an under water camera, you can leave it in a sink full of water for a while just to make sure all of the seals are tight.

MAC

Archived