Question for past Gem Cruisers re: dress

dalyn

A question for you past Gem cruisers this summer in the Med. Is there the optional 'dress up if you wish' night? If so, is it the Monday evening? Did you see dinner suit & bow ties? Or just smart casual. Did the ladies also dress up?

Also, is there the usual photo opportunities in the Atrium before dinner?

Is there a Lattitudes dinner? Did people dress up for this.

We do like to dress up, but my DH would hate it if he was the only one in his dinner suit!

We will be on the Gem in a couple of weeks and beginning to seriously think about just what we need to pack.

Any other comments or observations re: dress would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Yes there were lots of people dressed up but it is optional. I think it was Monday or Tuesday evening but I honestly don't recall. There were opportunites to get portraits done almost every evening in the Atrium.

I also cannot remember when the "official" dress-up night was. We dressed up when we felt like it, and never felt out of place. Seated at a table for two, whether in the speciality restaurants or the main dining rooms, means that you are pretty much isolated from what the rest of the room is wearing.

We were on the June 8th cruise, and the optional dress up night was Monday, the sea day. However, we saw very few people dressed in "formal" attire, I personally didn't see anyone in a tux or gown. Most people wore smart casual every night -- not too many jeans, mainly nice slacks and a top for the ladies, dockers and a polo shirt for the men. Of course, this can vary widely from cruise to cruise! Actually we usually enjoy the chance to dress up but elected to skip it this time so we could keep our luggage at a more manageable point. With the busy itinerary, we didn't miss it.

Archived