Seward to Anchorage airport?

Dogstar37

Does anyone have suggestions on how to get my extended family of 9 from the Seward port to the Anchorage airport for our return flight? I didn't realize they were such a distance apart. Our flight leaves Anchorage at 7PM, we get into Seward in the early morning.

Any help is appreciated.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to get my extended family of 9 from the Seward port to the Anchorage airport for our return flight? I didn't realize they were such a distance apart. Our flight leaves Anchorage at 7PM, we get into Seward in the early morning.

Any help is appreciated.

Have you tried:

http://www.sewardbuslines.net/

http://www.girdwoodshuttle.com/

http://www.alaskatransportation.net/seward_service.html

Not familiar with them, I googled "Seward to Anchorage transportation". We're taking the train in the opposite direction.

I booked Whittier to Anchorage on the last link the poster above me posted. The Alaskan Transportation group.

Pretty fair rates, for 9 people it's probably best to just charter your own van or mini-bus.

You might look into rental a couple cars, but you're probably going to get hit with major one-way drop off fees.

We just back from the Volendam. My DH and I stayed on for an independent tour, but my two sisters departed for home on the day the ship arrived in Seward. They also had a 7:00 p.m. flight out. HAL offers transfers by bus or train to the Anchorage airport. However, for 9 that can get costly, buy it is easy. They loved the train ride to Anchorage. It is SO scenic. They took a 7:00 a.m. train and arrived at the Anchorage airport at about 11:30 a.m. From there you can take the HAL bus downtown (free) or take your own transportation. My sisters went downtown for lunch and spent some time there and then caught a HAL bus (free) back to the airport to catch their plane. (just make sure you have your HAL ID with you to show the driver) Everything went off without a glitch.

HAL offered a great luggage service. For $16 a person they will take care of your luggage. You leave it outside of your room the night before and you don't see it again until you arrive at your final destination at your home airport. HAL also takes care of getting your boarding passes. (Just make sure you bring your flight confirmations with you) My sisters felt this was well worth the money.

Archived