Cave Tubing Question????

Big_Red

If you leave anything more valuable in the bus, make sure you tell your guides about it - the guides at cave-tubing (dot) net always document valuable items, and ensure the guard knows as well - my family and I were all impressed at the safety and security efforts of the .NET people. However, having said that, maybe you should consider leaving jewelry and the like on the ship?

Sorry to highjack this thread but I also have a questions about cave tubing. I know it says to wear water shoes, but we don't have them (and I'd rather not go out and buy 5 pairs) are they necessary, or would flip flops or an old pair of sneakers be OK? Thanks

Sorry to highjack this thread but I also have a questions about cave tubing. I know it says to wear water shoes, but we don't have them (and I'd rather not go out and buy 5 pairs) are they necessary, or would flip flops or an old pair of sneakers be OK? Thanks

You can rent water shoes there for $3 each. I would not recommend flip flops, trail can get quite muddy and slippery plus you may loose in the water. Old sneakers are fine, but they will get wet and muddy.

You can rent water shoes there for $3 each. I would not recommend flip flops, trail can get quite muddy and slippery plus you may loose in the water. Old sneakers are fine, but they will get wet and muddy.

Thanks for the info.

[quote name=lisacdm

Sorry to highjack this thread but I also have a questions about cave tubing. I know it says to wear water shoes' date=' but we don't have them (and I'd rather not go out and buy 5 pairs) are they necessary, or would flip flops or an old pair of sneakers be OK? Thanks [/quote]

Hi lisacdm,

Maybe you will consider this tip, we did cave tubing twice already and the first time was a learner, you probably wouldn't want to rent shoes specially if they are shoes that have been worn by many others (and I mean many!!) and in wet conditions, I rather not go into more details but we learn't the hard way. so the second time we used our old sneakers and at the end of the trip we gave them to our guides who took great care of us, they were in perfect shape and they surely appreciated them.

Have fun!

Archived