photes of dives

chet the jet

If you go on a scuba dive through the ship, do you know if they take photes of you and your dive. Just wanted to know if we should spend $500.00 for a good underwater digital camera for 4 dives that we will be taking in the south pacific. Don't know if we will be using it after that as the water up hear is not that clear. We would like some as this is a once in a life time two weeks land and Tahiti cruise.;)

I dove with excursions from Princess Crown in Feb and there was not a princess sponsored photog on our excursion but a couple of the people had cameras and if you ask nicely you may be able to get them to take your picture while on the dive then get them printed on the ship. Offer to buy them an after dive drink that nite to help make it worth there time.

I dove with excursions from Princess Crown in Feb and there was not a princess sponsored photog on our excursion but a couple of the people had cameras and if you ask nicely you may be able to get them to take your picture while on the dive then get them printed on the ship. Offer to buy them an after dive drink that nite to help make it worth there time.

Hi,

I haven't seen an "official" photographer but like the post says, I do underwater photography and I've been coaxed into dumping a CD while on board for people I met diving (usually involves a martini or two). Also if you know who you will be diving with, sometimes you can arrange to rent a digital underwater camera for your trip (you provide the SD card).

r

If this is a once in a lifetime trip consider either finding a housing for your existing digital camera if you have one. If you don't then Canon makes some great ones that have matching housings. To stay away from that $500 price range try a Canon SD750 with housing for $343 at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-WP-DC14-Waterproof-Digital-Camera/dp/B000NSH15Q/ref=pd_cp_p_1?pf_rd_p=250314001&pf_rd_s=center-41&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000QECDKA&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1M4BGB7MFYJG3A9SGD0V

You can see our Canon pics and video at http://www.cruisedivers.blogspot.com

• 6 months later...

Some scuba operators do bring along a photographer/videographer, others don't. If you know the name of the operator or tour you can do another post to see if they have a photographer that they bring along.

There are some great deals to be found on Ebay. Olympus sells brand new last years housings starting at $10. Then all you need is the camera to go with it.

I bought my camera and housing on there and paid less than $75 for both.

Here are some videos and photos I took with my "Cheap" setup.

A red filter will help you get more color in your underwater photos. I have one on the way.

Attached Thumbnailsattachment.php?attachmentid=102462&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1232420305 attachment.php?attachmentid=102463&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1232420349 attachment.php?attachmentid=102464&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1232420382 attachment.php?attachmentid=102465&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1232420423 attachment.php?attachmentid=102466&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1232420454

Hello, we recently went on 2 cruises, one with NCL and one with Princess. Princess had a photographer/videographer for a dive in Aruba, but NCL did not. Almost all of our other cruises (12) didn't have one either. Don't chance it, buy a camera used on ebay! There will be plenty of situations that you will want to capture; asking someone in the party with a camera for a copy of their pictures is not quite as good.

However, taking pictures underwater is an art, and can be very challenging. If you have a lot of experience with photography on land, you have a great headstart, but still there are challenges (getting close, close, close, close while maintaining neutral buoyancy!!!). If you want new, a Sea and Sea SL320 could be a decent compromise ($250 from Leisurepro.com). Simple camera that can take good photos with a depth rating of 130'. John

Archived