Reception Question

I just got married on the inspiration the 21st and had the pianist. In my opinion it was a waste of $. Even the wc commented that she would have just brought a lap top and played it in the corner for some nice background music. We asked him to play a waltz for the first dance (which no first dance took place) and he didnt know what we were talking about. Not very friendly at all. BUT that is just my opinion :)

i was married on the carnival conquest, we had the dj, you can pretty much put together cd's and make your own, then i just had him play the cd's - you dont want them taking any of your time trying to explain what kind of music you want played, your reception goes by so quick and its nice not to waste any minutes .. i just gave him the cd's and he played them

We had the piano player in the piano bar for our 1 1/2 hour reception aboard the Carnival Legend.

He played mostly clasical music. It was very elegant and worth the money. Our reception was a pre-sailing cocktail party for about 30 guests.

I did not expect there to be dancing at the mid-day short reception. It generally takes a few hours for people to warm up to dancing. But, some br:) ides have brought a CD with their first dance music and the piano player played it.

I was planning on bringing the first dance, father daughter etc... on a cd but I didn't think I had to provide the dj with music for the rest of the reception too??? :confused: I planned on making a list of the type of music we like and he can take it from there. Do they have music and dj equipment on board????? I guess I will be calling Carnival tomorrow!

My family likes to get down even at 12 in the after noon. :D

Do must people dance at the reception???

We are getting married in September on the Legend, and we are having the 1 1/2 hour reception with the piano player. I wanted to do the dj, but I didn't want to have my reception in Medusa's Lair with a giant Medusa head behind the cake! :) So we have opted for the piano player and I think that it will be a nice and relaxing reception where my guests will be able to eat, drink and socialize. I am hoping that the piano player can do a song for our first dance, but if he cant then my hubby will be glad since he isnt thrilled about the dancing idea anyways! :) I will be more than happy to let you know how it goes when we get back!

Archived