Help with transfers

dbhome

2 weeks ago, we booked a cruise sailing out of Whittier on July 12, 2008. The day we booked our travel agent was leaving on vacation. Since then, I've been updating our cruise personalizer on the Princess website. I wanted to buy transfers from Anchorage to Whittier and from Vancouver to the airport. The website says to do this through your travel agent. Today I called her, and when she called Princess, they said that transfers have to be purchased 14 days out. Today , I'm 10 days out. She said to find a Princess rep at the airport and book a transfer with her on the day we arrive. Then book the Vancouver to airport transfer at the excursions desk on ship. This is the transfer that I'm really concerned about because we have a 12:20 return flight on NWA and I'd like to do US Direct. As for the transfer to Whittier from Anchorage, I arrive in Anchorage on July 10 in the evening. Doubt I can find a Princess rep at the airport. Please advise - anyone. We booked this cruise last minute so I'm kind of flying by the seat of my pants here-- but getting to the ship is kind of a big deal.

How is the scenery on the railroad transfer to Whittier. I just checked online and it is available. I also checked into Alaskan Leopard Comedy Tours. Prices are a little cheaper but comparable.

The scenery was wonderful. We sat on the side furthest from the front of the train station and had the water views. We also booked our cruise last minute and most of the other types of tranfers were full.

Archived