Just off Fascination

Jackale

Seeing as this was my familys first cruise, we were unsure of what to expect. It was extremely hot and others in my family do not like the heat that much, and the pools/water areas were extremely busy on the at sea day, so we choose to do lot of inside things. The food and the service and the shows in the Palace Theatre were A++, and far superior to any resort I have been on. The dress for the 'formal' night was docker style pants and shirt to tuxedos for guys and summer dresses/pant outfits to long dresses - so basically anything went! If one of the shows is a look back at the 80's and you can relate to that time period then it is a must that you attend.

Embarking and debarking - I have never seen anything go so smooth that involved over 1500 people in my life - way to go Carnival.

While in the Bahamas we did the Yellow Bird Party Boat and were not disappointed - it was accurately described on the web site and was an enjoyable experience.

• 3 weeks later...
Seeing as this was my familys first cruise, we were unsure of what to expect. It was extremely hot and others in my family do not like the heat that much, and the pools/water areas were extremely busy on the at sea day, so we choose to do lot of inside things. The food and the service and the shows in the Palace Theatre were A++, and far superior to any resort I have been on. The dress for the 'formal' night was docker style pants and shirt to tuxedos for guys and summer dresses/pant outfits to long dresses - so basically anything went! If one of the shows is a look back at the 80's and you can relate to that time period then it is a must that you attend.

Embarking and debarking - I have never seen anything go so smooth that involved over 1500 people in my life - way to go Carnival.

While in the Bahamas we did the Yellow Bird Party Boat and were not disappointed - it was accurately described on the web site and was an enjoyable experience.

glad you hear you had a good time. we're sailing for the first time on the fascination in novemer and i cannot wait. just hearing these reviews after people get back just get me all the more excited!!! :D

Yes Florida and farther south is very hot this time of year. The humidity is the killer. I have found I like to cruise in our cooler months Oct - Dec. It is still warm in the Caribbean. But that's not to say I can't find some A/C somewhere. Glad you had a great cruise. We are going on the 9/25 sailing from Jacksonville.

Archived