waiting list on a full ship-July 16 QM2

sissy3

Wonder if you sage cruisers can shed some light.... I called to book a last minute crossing on the QM2. I called several of the big discounters(Vacations to Go,Cruise-connections,Cruisesonly) and as a last resort,Cunard. There was no availability save a Princess Suite, and that was not in my budget. Long story short: now I put down a deposit and am on a waiting list for a oceanview or obstructed-view balcony at a very reasonable price.There are three people ahead of me on the waiting list.The sailing is July 16. Do I stand a chance? or shall I just tuck my tail between my legs and....fly?:confused:

With three ahead of you, I think you will be lucky to get a cabin. The only think you can hope for is that Cunard "backfill" any cancellations in grades above yours.

Good luck anyway.

Thanks for the good vibes!!! Called a site I had already called without luck earlier in the week and lo and behold---an opening suddenly came up.I am booked and ready to sail!

Now where did I put my white dinner jacket?;)

Called a site I had already called without luck earlier in the week and lo and behold---I am booked and ready to sail!

Now where did I put my white dinner jacket?;)

Congratulations! I'm so pleased for you! I get off QM2 in Southampton as you get on for your crossing. I'll be sure to leave the Commodore Club in good condition for you, and, as I board her again on the 28th, could you return the favour?

By the way, you'll certainly stand out wearing your white dinner jacket amongst all the many black and the odd one or two ivory ones :D .

Once again, congratulations, you'll have a great time on your TA I'm sure, I did on mine!

Oooh,you lucky thing you! Just popping across for a couple of weeks,then back to New York in a most civilized fashion. Don't you worry...I'll leave the Commodore Club just the way I found it. However, you may not recognize the Big Apple upon your return as I have every intention of painting it red!

Have a great trip:)

Archived