Carnival Splendor July 2 sailing pics

nolaAlive

Works for me, too. I keep sending updated links to our Splendor group...

So, Peaceful . . . when will you be sailing??

Just joshin', of course. :D

I'm so looking forward to tomorrow's set of pics. As I've stated earlier, I think all of this is beyond fantastic.

But of all the photos, the one that initially made me the most confused (as well as providing quite a bit of laughter) was from the first set of the ship. It's between the VIP sign inside the port, and the first through the cabin port hole. From the angle taken it looks like the passengers will get a big surprise right from the get-go, by falling down into the water. Wow, wouldn't that suck to start off this great cruise totally soaked to the bone?? :eek: I almost want to PhotoShop it and add a splash effect. :)

Hello,

We are going on the Carnival Splendor for out Honeymoon on August 18th to the Baltics. The ship looks amazing!!!! It looks like you are having a fab time too!

Can you please tell me how much soft drinks are on the ship? What about the cheapest bottle of red? We are trying to work out how much pocket money we will need.

I would love to have a couple of treatments in the Spa too any ideas if they do some packages??

Bye and have a fab time!!!!

Hello,

We are going on the Carnival Splendor for out Honeymoon on August 18th to the Baltics. The ship looks amazing!!!! It looks like you are having a fab time too!

Can you please tell me how much soft drinks are on the ship? What about the cheapest bottle of red? We are trying to work out how much pocket money we will need.

I would love to have a couple of treatments in the Spa too any ideas if they do some packages??

Bye and have a fab time!!!!

nolaAlive - There is a picture you took of one of the wait staff and I am hoping her name is Martina. We had her on the Spirit and we absolutely loved her she is our favorite waitress ever. Thanks for the pictures and I look forward to meeting you on 7/13.

nolaAlive - There is a picture you took of one of the wait staff and I am hoping her name is Martina. We had her on the Spirit and we absolutely loved her she is our favorite waitress ever. Thanks for the pictures and I look forward to meeting you on 7/13.

We recognized one of the dancing wait staff also. She has short hair, with two guys in the foreground of the picture. Is this the same one?

nolaAlive

Could you post the Spa prices, particularly massages?

I've looked at ALL the pictures three times now!

Thanks!

Sanger Cruiser,

I have not seen the picture yet, but I keep in touch with Martina ( she was our server on the Spirit as well) She IS on the Splendor. I am anxiously awaiting for my cruise to come to see her again...she is so sweet!.

Julie

For those asking, I will be posting as complete set of menus as I can obtain, wine list, spa prices, etc. Just not sure when ????

This morning (?) is the past guest party and then Lisbon!

Yes, they have past guest pins!

Thanks for the pictures. Sailing on August 6th.

I have one question - are there any self-service laundries on Splendour?

We are leaving home 10 days before we sail and having a holiday in Paris first. The ship is identical to Costa Serena which we sailed on in March - and there were no laundries on Serena. I have read that there will be on Splendour - but it would be nice to have this confirmed. Otherwise we will have to find somewhere between Paris and Dover!!!

Thanks,

Tracey

Thanks for the great pictures! My question to you is what do you think of the Splendor? How does the ship ride? Is the food and service up to snuff? Is the flow of passengers ok? It seems like the Splendor has been Top Secret for Carnival....thanks for any info...Dr65

The road has had a few bumps in it, but the ride has been pretty good. I think we were bucking 70mph winds or so through the Straits of Gibraltar.

The one thing that is not up to snuff are the in room refrigerators. The are not calling them coolers. I think the only way they will ever cool anything is to put a block of ice in them. Not sure if that is a central computer glitch or what.

The food is great. There are 3 self-service launderettes and also some ironing rooms. Not sure which one is Martina, the main server at my table is Usa (an easy name to remember)!

Thanks so much for the information about the lauderettes and ironing rooms! This is good to know!!!

The food is great. There are 3 self-service launderettes and also some ironing rooms. Not sure which one is Martina, the main server at my table is Usa (an easy name to remember)!

Thanks, super quick reply!! Now I know we don't have to overpack and / or look for somewhere to refresh clothes before we board the ship. Thank you.

Again, loved your pictures! Is this the best ship you have been on? Thinking of switching our mediterranean cruise to her. What do you think of the service? Have you taken or are going to take any Carnival excursions? When you had the rough seas, do you think the stabilizers were working? Is the smoking on the ship bothersome?

Joyce

Thanks for the great info and reviews Nola!

We're going to be on the Splendor at the end of August. Can you post a few picts of the bathroom and confirm that they have hair dryers in the room?

Thanks for the great info and reviews Nola!

We're going to be on the Splendor at the end of August. Can you post a few picts of the bathroom and confirm that they have hair dryers in the room?

The bathrooms are standard Carnival issue and the hair dryer is in the top desk drawer like the Conquest Class ships. Sooner or later I'll get around to a bathroom shot. I'm also on the next two Splendor cruises. ;)

Archived