1st night in Dining Room

Bzygirl66

LOL these types of post are always interesting. On our last cruise the luggage did not arrive before dinner we had the 1st early seating. Ok all you fashion police for your own safety did not read any further ;) not only did I wear shorts but they were jean shorts :eek: :eek: . It was amazing how once i sat down nobody ever came and looked under the table to see what i was wearing so my only looks came on the way in and any bad ones got a nice little wink by me followed bye giving the ole kiss to the biccep routine. Seriously I did not think to many even noticed. For all you Northerners or people who think jeans are to hot umm we wear Jeans alot in the south in the summer time and it gets a little hot here also and I have yet to see anybody burst into flames :D . But other than my trusty blue jeans shorts I usually dont take any long pants jeans and dress according to specs but It does not bother me in the least what anybody else wears.......why I glad you asked that....because I am only responsible for me my attire and my conduct if I worried about the rest of you it just would not be a vacation :)

LOL It was amazing how once i sat down nobody ever came and looked under the table to see what i was wearing

And you won't that first night. You do see it all.

But there will be a welcome "speech" made by the maitre d' letting you know what the dress code is for the rest of the week.

Actually MR Pete there was an annoucement in the capers saying they dress code was not being adhered to the 1st night because some might not have their luggage yet. But like I said the rest of the week I dressed accordingly and if my luggage would have arrived I would have changed. It is amazing to me how when I dont sweat the small stuff my stress level takes a vacation too :)

Thank you all for your replies. I hope I didn't cause anyone to be cross at each other. The reason why I will be wearing jeans is I'm traveling by car from Oklahoma to Galveston. Oklahoma is quite chilly in November. But fear not....I'll be packing an outfit in my carry on and plan to be dressed to the nines the rest of the week. :-)

You are all wonderful!!!!

Say one of your colleagues has fallen, on the job, and for the funeral service, you are expected to wear your uniform, and you show up in plain clothes, does it matter to your fallen colleague?

No.

Will it affect the service? And what will the others do?

Mr.Pete,

You make a point, BUT (there is always a but), we are talking about two totally different things here. Funeral vs. food. Actually, we just buried one of our own (Lt. Vickie Wax). She was shot and killed while working extra duty at Wal-Mart. She was trying to stop someone from shoplifting two disposable cameras, and he somehow got her gun and shot her!!! There were Police Officers at her funeral in nice suits. It was not a big deal. The only thing that mattered was their presence.

Archived