Leaving in 2 days..Dining room question?

uofmrocky

Hello - Well my wife and myself are leaving in 2 days to board the Glory for our first cruise.

I already have planned to wear a suit on the 2 formal nights in the dining room. But what do the guys wear in the dining room on the casual nights?

Thanks so much.

I just don't want to pack to much!!

On casual nights I wear black dress pants and a polo shirt with dress shoes, others wear dockers and a shirt or polo shirt. Today you can wear dress shorts to dinner on Casual nights, that seems to be the most comfortable wear for me and will go that route in Nov. and April.

Fred

Welcome to cruising! :D

On casual nights, my husband wears a polo shirt and either khakis or nice jeans. He doesn't wear sneakers or flip-flops, though I've seen other men wear those. He has nice leather sandals. He's also worn a plain t-shirt (such as black or brown) tucked in as well.

I would just suggest not dressing as though you were headed to the pool or gym on casual nights. Other than that, I'm sure you'll be fine and won't overpack! :)

My husband takes one or two pair of khakis and maybe one darker pair of pants (depending on the length of the cruise) and polo shirts. Just don't make the mistake we did on our first cruise - we took way too many clothes. You can actually get by with just a couple pair if you wear different shirts.

If your going to Caribbean or Hot weather area, you will see alot of men wearing shorts (knee length) and colled shirt - no flip flops. Many will still wear slacks - just be comfortable. Don't pack too much!

The cruise line web site has info on dress code for each of the nights (formal, smart casual, etc.). Don't be afraid to look at the cruise line's web site. You will find the answer to many of your questions there.

Archived