YVR to Ballaytyne terminal

Hi,

I tried to add a post and I don't think it took. I have just read on this post about US Direct Program. I have never heard of it until now. We arrive at YVR at 12:50 on the same day as cruise. Would we have time to pick up luggage, go through customs and take a taxi or would it be better to do the US Direct Program. Do you need to purchase a ship transfer from cruise line or travel agent to participate? Our cruise is Sept. 12. Thanks, Janice

Hi,

I tried to add a post and I don't think it took. I have just read on this post about US Direct Program. I have never heard of it until now. We arrive at YVR at 12:50 on the same day as cruise. Would we have time to pick up luggage, go through customs and take a taxi or would it be better to do the US Direct Program. Do you need to purchase a ship transfer from cruise line or travel agent to participate? Our cruise is Sept. 12. Thanks, Janice

You are cuttting it very close but so long as your plane is on time you should have time to get to the pier. Plan on about 1 hr to get your bags and clear customs and about 45 mins to get a cab and get to the pier. So you should be there by 3 pm. To participate in the US Direct program you do need to purchase a ships transfer so I would get a hold of the cruise line direct, few TA's know anything about the program. It is also important to determine if you airlline and cruise line participate.

http://www.portvancouver.com/vanAlaCruise/content/infoPassengers/usDirect.html

Archived