When should I book our cruise?

We're thinking of doing a Mediterranean cruise in August 2009, and I was wondering what the best time to book is. Should I book a year in advance for the best deals? Or are the rates likely to come down in the fall or closer to the trip?

Sorry if this question has already been asked -- I skimmed through some recent posts and couldn't see it addressed anywhere.

Excellent cruise! I would be booking now. Prices may very well go up as time goes on. If they go down you can usually get the price adjustment if you, or your travel agent, contacts the cruise company. If you are going to Venice and you are getting an outside cabin I would book a cabin on the side where you will see the ship coming into Venice. If you have an inside cabin make sure you are outside or looking out a window when you are coming into Venice. It was like nothing I have even seen.

The earlier you book the better choice you will have picking your cabin which for me is important.

Have an excellent cruise...but with the Mediterranean, how could it not be an excellent cruise :D

Thanks for the advice. Yes, we would be leaving and arriving via Venice -- do you happen to know which side of the ship we should book on? (If not, I'm sure the travel agent can tell me.)

Hi,

We'd fly in at least two days early. Venice is one of my favourite cities -- I've been twice but my girls haven't been, so I can't wait to show them.

The cruise I'm looking at is with Royal Caribbean. It visits Dubrovnik, Ephesus, Santorini and Corfu. Just thinking about it makes me swoon!

I am sure your girls will love it. Lucky them! It is one trip I would love to do again. We were on an excursion on Santorini I think and one of the places we stopped we had a glass of apricot nectar. It was the best drink I have ever tasted. It's strange but the food there seems to be simpler but it tastes so good! Sometimes it's the simple things :)

Have fun planning!

Archived