Miracle itinerary change

surbish

HI, does anyone know if you can rent jet skis in Grand Turks? I tried posting on the port of call boards but it is kind of dead over there :eek:

Are the excursions available on the carnival site?

I called my brother and he basically said the same as you. Said there is really another reason for the port change. I don't mind except we did plan on going to the dolphin dscovery, my daughter was so looking foward to that. I just wish I had learned of the port change sooner than less than 24 hours before we sail.

i hope you had agreat trip welcome back please let me know how was your trip and did they have you port changed thanks

called excursiond today. they said probably won't be up for a week or so but that was for my cruise on aug 5th. From what I read I don;'t think they have jetskiis on grand turk. we plan on doing them in st thomas

HI, does anyone know if you can rent jet skis in Grand Turks? I tried posting on the port of call boards but it is kind of dead over there :eek:

No excursions available through the reservation, but you can get a general idea of what is available by navigating to the Grand Turk excursions page without logging in to Carnival (not through your reservation).

Jet skis, huh, Theresa? Maybe I need to bring MY camera! :p;):D

buy not going to tortola would this change the length of the cruise

Grand Turk has been substituted for Tortola, The length of the cruise has not changed (unless you count possibly getting into NYC a bit earlier).

No excursions available through the reservation, but you can get a general idea of what is available by navigating to the Grand Turk excursions page without logging in to Carnival (not through your reservation).

Jet skis, huh, Theresa? Maybe I need to bring MY camera! :p;):D

Grand Turk has been substituted for Tortola, The length of the cruise has not changed (unless you count possibly getting into NYC a bit earlier).

After looking at the pictures posted I am thinking about making this my beach "Fun in the Sun" day :D

Hello Bakmmo, Last year Carnival offered a swim with the sting rays type excursion called "Reef and Rays" at Grand Turk. That might make a great subsitute excursion for your girls, if Carnival still offers it. The rays are not as cute as the dolphins, but they are very exciting to swim with.

If it's to save fuel that's fine - just wish we would know for sure. My partner doesn't like the fact that they said engine problems. He's not the biggest fan of cruising (as I am) LOL.

My 1st post :D ...Also my 1st cruise :D, on September 14.

I just got this letter as well regarding the propulsion system, and my wife is having BIG problems with the mechanical problem (her 1st cruise as well). She is scared out of her wits. Could it be an excuse for fuel costs? Sure. But I think making an excuse that there is a problem with the engine is far worse than just being honest about the cost of oil. I gotta tell ya, I'm a little concerned about an "engine problem". I wouldnt want to be putting along with a storm bearing down on me in September at sea. We are actually thinking of cancelling this cruise and getting on board a ship WITHOUT engine problems.

Nice site BTW!

...Lots of people were looking forward to Tortola - and from what I see' date=' Grand Turk is a poor substitute.[/quote']

i haven't been to tortola (that is why is was really looking forward to that port), so i can't say if it is better or worse, but i wldn't say grand turk is a poor substitute.

grand turk is actually a great port -- for the most part. it is very pretty, the pier area is fairly new, the margaritaville is gorgeous (we have have paid top dollar for excursions to beach clubs on other islands that weren't nearly as nice, and margaritaville has no charge).

the problem is that grand turk is still being developed for us cruisers. they isn't a whole lot to do there outside of the pier area, and some of us who have had this itinerary change made to our sailing will feel the pinch if we are in port with another ship.

that is us -- my sailing. we are in port with triumph. they get there 2 hours before us. so, it is very unlikely that we will even get chairs at margaritaville, and forget trying to do the new flow rider, lol. if it's sold as an excursion, it is probably already sold out with the prior triumph pax who were always scheduled to stop there.

Tell your wife to relax, its nothing major. Are you sailing on the 14th of September?

The problem can't be fixed untill dry dock and that will take months to get the ship in. They just can't pull the ship of the seas, if they did it would affect SOOO many other cruiseres.

IF it wasn't safe, they would not sail anymore

I just got this letter as well regarding the propulsion system, and my wife is having BIG problems with the mechanical problem (her 1st cruise as well). She is scared out of her wits. Could it be an excuse for fuel costs? Sure. But I think making an excuse that there is a problem with the engine is far worse than just being honest about the cost of oil. I gotta tell ya, I'm a little concerned about an "engine problem". I wouldnt want to be putting along with a storm bearing down on me in September at sea. We are actually thinking of cancelling this cruise and getting on board a ship WITHOUT engine problems.

Nice site BTW!

Nice site BTW!

Hey noob! Where in Orange Co? I grew up in Westchester.

The more I read and hear it's the propullsion issue. Many ships sail with these issues because it takes a while to order a new one and get the ship scheduled for drydock. You wouldn't even notice that the ship is not traveling at full speed. I'm not nervous at all. In fact I'm looking forward to visiting Grand Turk. Stick with it!

Flo Rider is now an excurision on Carnival in Grand Turk. It is right next to where Carnival ports.

I saw pictures of that. Is there a fee for the Flo Rider? I mean do we have to book the beack area as an excursion, even if it is right as we get off the ship

The more I read and hear it's the propullsion issue. Many ships sail with these issues because it takes a while to order a new one and get the ship scheduled for drydock. You wouldn't even notice that the ship is not traveling at full speed. I'm not nervous at all. In fact I'm looking forward to visiting Grand Turk. Stick with it!

If anything, it will be a smoother ride. It is unusual for a ship to sail at full speed, except where there are time constraints like the Tortola-NYC run. That leg of the cruise was the fastest I have ever sailed - 24 knots every time I checked.

Now that the Miracle is sailing from Grand Turk, they can cut her speed back to cruising speed. Like disfan said, you will not likely even notice the difference in speed.

I have not been to GT either, so aside from having 2 ships in port that day :( I am looking forward to seeing a new port.

Enjoy your cruise!

Hey noob! Where in Orange Co? I grew up in Westchester.

Hi fan....

Newburgh:cool:

I have not been to GT either, so aside from having 2 ships in port that day :( I am looking forward to seeing a new port.

Enjoy your cruise!

Well that stinks.......from what Ive heard, the island is full with 1 ship in port.....supposedly unbearable with 2 ships.......oh well....Ill be out of New York that day :rolleyes:

Well that stinks.......from what Ive heard, the island is full with 1 ship in port.....supposedly unbearable with 2 ships.......oh well....Ill be out of New York that day :rolleyes:

Looks like you will have Liberty as your pier neighbor on your sailing, plus they get there 2 hours before you, so it will be crowded when you get there.

It may be a good day to do an excursion, if you have been considering one. I am definitely not going to go to Margaritaville until much later in the day, after the Triumph pax have started returning to the ship.

If anything, it will be a smoother ride. It is unusual for a ship to sail at full speed, except where there are time constraints like the Tortola-NYC run. That leg of the cruise was the fastest I have ever sailed - 24 knots every time I checked.

Now that the Miracle is sailing from Grand Turk, they can cut her speed back to cruising speed. Like disfan said, you will not likely even notice the difference in speed.

Enjoy your cruise!

2 ships in port!! Has this been confirmed? What's the name of the other ship?

Just got off from the Caribbean Princess today...also "engine problems". We did go very slow, and we lost St. Maarten's and went to Tortola instead. (Now that was a bummer!) Didn't do any excursions there, since I thought I was coming back with the family on Miracle. Oh well...Grand Turk was fun (been there 3 times). Every time we had beautiful weather...especially this time. That would definitely play a factor in weather if was a good trade-off.

PS...Thanks Jim for the welcome back, but that was my daughter posting under my name.

the flowrider is part of Margarittaville. It is 25.00 per hour and you go in groups so you try, get out and go to the back of the line. We were just there 2 weeks ago. The group we watched had about 10-12 people in it. I highly recommend renting one of the cabanas. We were in port with the Liberty and it was pretty packed by the pool, however if you get a cabana or go past the pool area to the beach/resturant bar area there is plenty of room in the sand and not as many people go there. The beach is rocky (big rocks/holes) so be careful where you step.

For the gentleman whos wife is nervous, tell her I just got off the Caribbean Princess where one of the 6 diseal engines exploded at 1:30 am. WE didnt know until they called a special code and all the staff took off. They have many other engines no big deal :)

so when is the Miracle going into drydock?

Archived