Miracle itinerary change

surbish

Just got off from the Caribbean Princess today...also "engine problems". We did go very slow, and we lost St. Maarten's and went to Tortola instead. (Now that was a bummer!) Didn't do any excursions there, since I thought I was coming back with the family on Miracle. Oh well...Grand Turk was fun (been there 3 times). Every time we had beautiful weather...especially this time. That would definitely play a factor in weather if was a good trade-off.

PS...Thanks Jim for the welcome back, but that was my daughter posting under my name.

I figured either you were posting on from the ship or were on a very short cruise, LOL. Welcome back again for real!

It looks like we are the only ship on Grand Turk on our sailing.

2 ships in port!! Has this been confirmed? What's the name of the other ship?

If you go to http://www.grandturkcc.com/Scheduling.aspx it tells you what ships are scheduled on your date. I went last year and we were the only ship. This time there will be two cruise ships and it is going to be soooo crowded. It was crowded with one!

So I found Grand Turks website (their cruise center site) Not sure if anyone has posted it before or not, or if anyone has seen it, but its a neat little site. I know a lot of people were asking about excursions...now I think these excursions are not through this ship, but atleast what THEY (the island/ cruise center) offer. Just click one of the categories at the top. You'll see Excursion info, Island Info, Port Info, etc. they have a great webcam too. Its a real up-close one! When I go next month, were telling our family a certain time to look for us! lol!

here's the site for those who are interested:

http://www.grandturkcc.com/

So I found Grand Turks website (their cruise center site) Not sure if anyone has posted it before or not' date=' or if anyone has seen it, but its a neat little site. I know a lot of people were asking about excursions...now I think these excursions are not through this ship, but atleast what THEY (the island/ cruise center) offer. Just click one of the categories at the top. You'll see Excursion info, Island Info, Port Info, etc. they have a great webcam too. Its a real up-close one! When I go next month, were telling our family a certain time to look for us! lol!

here's the site for those who are interested:

http://www.grandturkcc.com/[/quote']

When I was in Grand Turk a few days ago...I found the webcam. It is on the column of a porch on the second level above a jewelry store. I cannot remember it's name, but it is the building to the left of Ron Jon's. I'm arranging to "wave" to friends at a set time on our Miracle cruise. Just study the pix near those palm trees and you'll find it. It is updated every minute!!

http://www.grandturkcc.com/Webcam.aspx

My TA just emailed me back regarding the status of the Miracle. She talked directly with a Carnival Rep. in her office several days ago. Nothing was mentioned about propulsion troubles. What she got from the discussion was that Carnival is taking a hard look at iteneraries and ships and making changes. Could it be Carnival is going thru a major adjustment period, that is the impression I got from her.

IF it is just adjustments due to cost saving measures Carnival really needs to come out with a official statement. I see no harm to Carnival if they do.

Maybe one of our future cruisers will be able to get to the bottom of this by talking to staff onboard and then making it known to us.

Cliff

My TA just emailed me back regarding the status of the Miracle. She talked directly with a Carnival Rep. in her office several days ago. Nothing was mentioned about propulsion troubles. What she got from the discussion was that Carnival is taking a hard look at iteneraries and ships and making changes. Could it be Carnival is going thru a major adjustment period, that is the impression I got from her.

IF it is just adjustments due to cost saving measures Carnival really needs to come out with a official statement. I see no harm to Carnival if they do.

Maybe one of our future cruisers will be able to get to the bottom of this by talking to staff onboard and then making it known to us.

Cliff

We didnt go through a TA and booked online....we were emailed by Carnival of the change, and that propulsion was to blame. On a side note, I'm amazed at the amount of people that were not advised by there TA's of the change.....we did it ourselves and were like the 1st to know....probably why we dont do TA's anymore.

the flowrider is part of Margarittaville. It is 25.00 per hour and you go in groups so you try, get out and go to the back of the line. We were just there 2 weeks ago. The group we watched had about 10-12 people in it. I highly recommend renting one of the cabanas. We were in port with the Liberty and it was pretty packed by the pool, however if you get a cabana or go past the pool area to the beach/resturant bar area there is plenty of room in the sand and not as many people go there. The beach is rocky (big rocks/holes) so be careful where you step.

For the gentleman whos wife is nervous, tell her I just got off the Caribbean Princess where one of the 6 diseal engines exploded at 1:30 am. WE didnt know until they called a special code and all the staff took off. They have many other engines no big deal :)

so when is the Miracle going into drydock?

How much are the cabanas? The excursion price says $99 but does not tell for how long.....I have heard some people say its for 1 hour, others say the whole time on the island :confused:

How much are the cabanas? The excursion price says $99 but does not tell for how long.....I have heard some people say its for 1 hour, others say the whole time on the island :confused:

IT is for the whole time you are there. They confuse people by putting the hr limit on the description. It was nice to have shade if wanted ( it was hot!) a fresh water shower, lounge chairs, cabana service , chairs and table etc. We had 4 people and plenty of room :)

The letter i got like, in hte middle of night after they made the change, the letter stats that it is due to the propulsion troubles.

Anyways, it is what it is...

Cliff

99 for the day is pretty cheap....are there many cabanas?

I cant say for sure how many there are about 20?? But if there are 2 ships in port they both get the number split. When we were there on Princess the Liberty was also there so each ship got to split the number available.

Out of all the ships in Carnivals fleet, they choose the Miracle to substitute 1 port just to save fuel:rolleyes:?

Give me a freakin break people.:cool:

I am not sure if there are other ships in the fleet that go such a long distance at max speed, so it is possible that they did it to save fuel. Not saying whether I believe it or not, just that it is not so far fetched.;)

We didnt go through a TA and booked online....we were emailed by Carnival of the change, and that propulsion was to blame. On a side note, I'm amazed at the amount of people that were not advised by there TA's of the change.....we did it ourselves and were like the 1st to know....probably why we dont do TA's anymore.

My TA wasn't even notified by Carnival. She found out from me (I found out here) and she called Carnival to confirm. So in my case, I can tell you that my TA didn't notify me because Carnival didn't notify her.

Pitboss, What my TA heard from the Carnival Rep. was that the Miracle was just one of ships that the itenerary change or possible ship change would be made in the near future. By no means did I mean to insinuate that the Miracle was the only change.

I am also not saying that the Carnival Rep. was telling the whole truth, just passing on what the TA said.

We are not freaking - out about this. When you plan, plan, plan for the whole year for 1 10 day vacation you want it to go rightwith no hitches.

I thought I should clarify my earlier statement.

Cliff

I cant say for sure how many there are about 20?? But if there are 2 ships in port they both get the number split. When we were there on Princess the Liberty was also there so each ship got to split the number available.

Is that booked through Carnival? It's not listed in their excursions, at least not for my sailing yet.

How many lounge chairs are there per cabana?

Hmmm, I'm going in September too, just a week after you. I'll have to check the page again.

The cabana rentals are not listed for my cruise on the Miracle and we are going on 8-13. The are some afternoon shore excursions in St. Thomas that come back an hour after we leave port as well :confused: .

I did speak with Carnival and they said tht they are "still working on it".

My DH said they are probably trying to save fuel when I read in an earlier post about the "engine problem" and said to him, "they KNOW they are going to have an engine problem FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR??" Kinda like calling in sick NEXT week! LOL:rolleyes: :D

have a great time let me know how everything went let me know what the do's and don't are please thanks patty

Archived