Miracle itinerary change

surbish

I received an e-mail from my TA about the change, but nothing from Carnival.

Did you have excursions booked through Carnival? I got an email from Carnival with regard to the fact that my Tortola excursion was canceled due to an itinerary change. No email from Carnival about the itinerary change itself. I found out about it here.

Our PVP was away on vacation the week it happened so she had one hell of a day back on that Monday morning. I called her and she was seriously wondering why she went back to work from her cruise because her phone was ringing off the hook and she had about a thousand voice mails and emails waiting for her.

• 5 months later...
not just july 4th and 12th, but our sailing too on the 20th (repete check the docs on line).

they are making this change well beyond any potential propulsion issues. they are making it LONG term, and they aren't giving us credit to realize that it is for OTHER reasons.

and..., as any long time ccl cruiser knows, when they have had propulsion problems with ships in the past, they FLIP FLOP the ships, they do NOT "cut" ports.

gerrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh, where's UB??? bobbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(come out of retirement. you've had a decent 6 month break. c'mon!:p)

Thanks for the info! Are the dated letters from Carnival informing passengers of the itinerary changes posted anywhere? Please reply or e-mail me at volley_staeta@yahoo.com. I am trying to pinpoint when Carnival started acknowledging the mechanical issues.

Thanks for the info! Are the dated letters from Carnival informing passengers of the itinerary changes posted anywhere? Please reply or e-mail me at volley_staeta@yahoo.com. I am trying to pinpoint when Carnival started acknowledging the mechanical issues.

https://www.bookccl.com/irman/replacement_cruises/deploy_master.html

Carnival new about these propulsion problems last summer!! They made this same change for our Sept 2008 cruise.

Remember everyone, you have 24 hours to cancel (or change to another ship) if you are dissatisfied with this change to your itinerary!

I don't know if there are problems, but I thought the Miracle just came out of drydock after Christmas to fix the propulsion problems. Anyone else read this?

We booked the Freedom because we wanted to go to Caribbean islands (not Florida, and definately not Rhode Island!)

Good Luck... If the weather is good, you won't have any problems... otherwise you could end up in Rhode Island, or maybe even in Canada as a port of call.

Our itinerary should have been Puerto Rico, St Thomas, and Grand Turk (changed from Tortola).

After numerous changes we went Port Canaveral, Freeport, and Rhode Island.

I don't know if there are problems, but I thought the Miracle just came out of drydock after Christmas to fix the propulsion problems. Anyone else read this?

The Miracle did was not in drydock in December. It is planned to go into drydock in late February to handle a propulsion problem.

We booked a cruise to Panama in November for mid-december. Three days before the cruise we were told that due to propulsion problems we would not be going to Panama but instead would be visiting Cozumel, Costa Maya, Roatan, and Belize.

It seems that Carnival knew well before that date that we would not be going to Panama, but had no problem selling us a Panama cruise. We would not have booked it if it were originally going to the ports we went to, and definitely not for the higher price of the Panama cruise which was only refunded by $50 per cabin in an onboard credit.

Carnival new about these propulsion problems last summer!! They made this same change for our Sept 2008 cruise.

Remember everyone, you have 24 hours to cancel (or change to another ship) if you are dissatisfied with this change to your itinerary!

We booked the Freedom because we wanted to go to Caribbean islands (not Florida, and definately not Rhode Island!)

Good Luck... If the weather is good, you won't have any problems... otherwise you could end up in Rhode Island, or maybe even in Canada as a port of call.

Our itinerary should have been Puerto Rico, St Thomas, and Grand Turk (changed from Tortola).

Yes, Carnival knew about the mechanical issues on the Miracle as early as July (I found a letter dated 3 July 2008). I was also sold a cruise well after they were aware of the issues. This is not just a simple last minute itinerary switch which I completely understand, it was a deliberate ploy to sell a more expensive cruise that they knew they could not deliver. I tried to call and cancel or at least find out what my options were the same day I was made aware of the change. I initally called my Carnival PVP who told me her hands were tied and I had to speak to a supervisor. After waiting on hold 20-30 minutes on three separate occasions, I gave up. I finally spoke to a supervisor about 3 weeks after my first phone call. Of course by that time it was too late to cancel. It is still shocking that such a large corporation is willing to treat its customers so badly.

We were never given the option of canceling or changing cruises. Not a thing was said about that.

We sailed "Miracle" this past Sept. and supposedly She had problems with engines then. Due to hurricaine "IKE" I think, Grand Turk was cancelled and We went to Tortola. Prefer Grand Turk instead of Tortola. As soon as You get off ship everything is right there. Its perfect for a few hour stop. Great if you have kids along. Personally, I think the ship should go into a drydock if it is still having these problems from last year. Who knows what else could happen when you are on your cruise at sea with engines not working properly.

We sailed "Miracle" this past Sept. and supposedly She had problems with engines then. Due to hurricaine "IKE" I think, Grand Turk was cancelled and We went to Tortola. Prefer Grand Turk instead of Tortola. As soon as You get off ship everything is right there. Its perfect for a few hour stop. Great if you have kids along. Personally, I think the ship should go into a drydock if it is still having these problems from last year. Who knows what else could happen when you are on your cruise at sea with engines not working properly.

Heck, if the engines go out and we end up drifting in the Caribbean for a few extra days it won't break my heart. As long as we don't run out of food or booze. :cool:

Archived