Which Holiday Cruise?

[quote name='KY Transplant'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]I do not consider what I type about the Holiday as bashing. People in search of knowledge ask questions and I give them honest answers. I call it like I saw it on my past Holiday cruise. And I do it without regard to consequense. I will not lie.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Why I am considering another Holiday cruise is two-fold.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]1. I want to make certain that this was or was not a typical Holiday cruise as so many of you have adamantly attested it is not.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Perhaps there was a retard convention on my cruise. Seems at every turn was some inbred hillbilly with bad manners, bad breath and an inability to hold his liquor. A second cruise could reveal whether my cruise was the exception to the rule.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]2. The most important.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]My 90 year old Mother mentioned she wanted to go on a cruise. It would be her first. Great, I said. I'll book us a nice cruise out of Florida![/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]She then told me she didn't want to spend all that time in a car travelling and was not willing to fly. Why not go on that ship here in Mobile she asked.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]I explained that the Holiday would not be an appropriate cruise for her..I feel badly for her experiencing the deterorating physical aspect of the Holiday but sailing with a bunch of hooligans will not be tolerated.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]It leaves me in a fix. There are much better ships but she will not budge on the travel to another cruise port. So I need to see for myself before I book my elderly mother on a {{{shudder}}} Holiday cruise.[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

[COLOR=royalblue][B]It would seem the OP sure is a pot calling the kettle black. Not that that that's a bad thing. I only state my honest opinions, and I can not tell a lie. I think the OP has posted at least three times chastising people for not staying on topic. I don't see anything about port choices in this particular post.[/B][/COLOR]
[B][COLOR=#4169e1]And, to stay on topic, I think there are wonderous things in all ports for those that don't have slimey, my way or the highway attitudes. I'm sure the OP will find something of value in each port.[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=#4169e1]Donna[/COLOR][/B]

Something I almost forgot about is on the last sea day there were a couple of places on the ship where water was dripping from the ceiling.

Started out as one or two spots but by the end of the day we saw at least 7 or 8 areas and that was just on the floors we were on. Had to be the plumbing, it was too high to be from the ocean water.

On our last night in the dining room I saw one of the waiters towels on the floor by our table and was going to pick it up. Then I realized it was there because water was dripping there too.

So keep that in mind before you book. For us it was odd but not a big deal. Others it could totally ruin their cruise I'm sure.

KY Transplant, since you seem to have gone out of your way to find every Holiday-related post and have spent vast amounts of time and energy to make sure everyone knows how badly you hated the Holiday, I can't understand why you are surprised at other people's attitudes. I, for one, nearly fell out of my chair when I saw a question from you about which Holiday cruise to take. From your previous posts, you seemed to indicate that you would rather spend eternity in he!! than spend one more minute on the Holiday.

How could anyone take your question seriously?

Archived