Looking for a good tour for pregnant woman!

tabcorn

Hi everyone. We will be stopping at Antigua on our cruise in September. I am looking for an enjoyable tour for my husband and I. The catch... I am pregnant! Sooo, any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Hi, I just returned from the Carnival Destiny and went into my 24th week during the cruise. The one thing I did not want to do was schedule tours with the cruise ship since they are so restrictive on cancellation and I wanted more flexibility on what I was up to day-to-day. I felt great throughout the cruise and was still able to swim, snorkel, and do short hikes (even swam up the Titou Gorge on Dominica).

Anyway, on Antigua we rented a car from Hertz right at the dock ($71 incl. license and gas, reps meet you outside Cheers bar). Husband is English so driving was no problem for him and if you are good at using landmarks to naviagte. Since we like history we went to Nelson’s Dockyard National Park ($5pp) and then onto Shirley Heights for awesome views. Proceeded on to Half Moon Bay-beautiful but water was too rough for swimming. Stopped at Darkwood Beach for swimming-nice not great, but whose complaining. Back to ship by 4pm. Verdict: Great to see the Dockyard, but wish we would have tried going to Paradise Reef off Prickly Pear Island for snorkeling instead of spending time at Half Moon Bay and Darkwood Beach (not sure this would be reasonable given time constraints though). Of course, you could just get a taxi to these places too. On all the other islands we used local tours that were highly praised on cruise critic and had a great time with all of them (at least most of those don't make you pay a non-refundable deposit if you need to cancel).

• 3 weeks later...

Archived