cabin door decorations

We decorated our door on our last cruise. We cruised over Valentines day and used pre-made hearts from a party store. It was easy to tell our door from all the others that looked alike and was a lot of fun.

Because it's fun. We travel in a group, and it's easy to spot, not only your own cabin, but others in your group. I usually print up some sort of poster that's personlized for our group. Once I used magnet sheets and they just stuck on the door. Last year I put them in plastic sleeves and used double sided tape. One page for the scrapebook all done!

Our family each picked a cartoon character that they liked and I went to the decoration store and bought those plastic table clothes for kids party's with the character on them. I am going to cut and splice them together to make one and then tape it to they door. Plus we made special luggage tags with rainbow ribbon and will tie that to the door handle.

I don't know it things will stay on the balcony or balcony door??? Any ideas for that???

I find that using the scrapbooking "DOTS" work quite well for sticking things up on windows or doors. They don' t leave residue either, and will peel off whatever you are putting up without ripping it.

Here's what I did for our door. It was simple and small...about 2 1/2 feet in diameter....but cute and sure made it easy to spot your door late at night. :) We were a bunch of girls that worked in L&D and were thrilled to be out of the hospital and on the boat! This November my son will turn 15 on our cruise. I am decorating the door for him with a Happy Birthday sign that has an electric guitar theme and other cutout electric guitars all over the door. He plays and I think he will enjoy it and the other cruisers wishing him Happy Birthday. :)

P4070455_itA_027.jpg

We decorated our door and also our window. It was so neat to see our room from the dock when we went into Cozumel and Progresso. Just keep in mind that you will probably loose some of the stuff off your door. Each night something different would be taken off our door.

IMG000.jpg.6e6ea80a444f35c087dfd3c70830f5d4.jpg

100_2434.jpg.70a4700ced12d4eff1f1d30130e8ca34.jpg

100_2409.jpg.e91fca38e0f3c53ee90843390719f32e.jpg

Archived